Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't do it without a nanny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a very active 19 m old and I'm a single working mom.i am used to taking him to daycare from 7.45 to 3.30, mond to frid and a nanny comes home on tue and Thursday from 4 to 8 and sund from 2 to 6 m.

Last sund she told me that she could not come on tues anymore and I thought I was able to hande it all without her help.

i can't .

i m sick this week so it may not be the best time to evaluate this but I think I need help 3 times a week if I want a clean home, homemade meals, quality time, time at home to work and not get too stressed.

how do women do it without help?

EDIT

since people don't read responses, I am going to clarify certain things:

1) I should have used the word "maid" or helper instead of nanny. She cleans, does laundry, folds clothes, crosses the street to pick up a few groceries, organizes toys, recharges batteries, change batteries and yes, she would not  ignore my child if he wants to play but she is always around while I am home. she may change a diaper here and there or get sippy cups ready or clean high chair or help feeding him fruit after we ate dinner but she is not a "nanny" working alone

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD

4)I don't judge SAHMs, you don't judge working moms

5) I leave the office to be home with my son but I still have to do work from home.

6) like most if you, I did have to suck it up and be a mom (whatever it means for everyone).for me, it means that I dont get my hair done twice a week, I dont get manicures and pedicures, I dont get a massage, I dont work out as much as I jused to, I dont travel as much as i used to, i dont have a different $100 bottle of perfume every month, I dont buy expensive make up, I don't hang out wiuth the same friends and etc etc...it is all about my son and i am happy but go and judge your own self

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Btw, using the word bitch was only something I learned on cafe mom. I do not use it anywhere else and in any other language I speak

Quoting Anonymous:

Only when cafe mom ladies get on someone s nerves lol

Quoting Kerannmer:

I've never known anyone who, in real life, is well-versed in many cultures and still resorts to using "bitch" as some kind of insult. To me, that only shows a total lack of worldliness.

Quoting Anonymous:

My PhD is in French (Literature and Cinema) and all paper sand thesis were written in French. English is my second language.

what are your first and second languages?

i also speak italian, Portuguese and Spanish and I am learning Arabic.

care to share more about you bitch?

Quoting Anonymous:

lol you have a  phd and still use the term "judge your own self" ? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Some of those moms were trying to put me down by saying that they lean and go to school and work. Did I need to hear that? No

Plan your life if you don't want to go to school and work and be a mom

Quoting BEXi:

"3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD"

LOL Kind of missing the whole point there, arent you? OH wow.

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM

What the freak you working on your PhD, I am still working on my bachelors .. so mad ! Just hire a new maid? I think you doing good, what type of work you do??? tell me lol what did you major in? 

clappingbow down

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

But thats the point, they manage to go to school, work, do all these things without a nanny. You asked HOW people do it. They answered you.

Whats your problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of those moms were trying to put me down by saying that they lean and go to school and work. Did I need to hear that? No

Quoting BEXi:

"3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD"

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM

You're just not used to doing it without help. A lot of us moms have to do it without help, so we do. Having a good routine helps tons. You CAN do it though especially with just one child. GL. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Not really. They are saying that they work and study and try to be a mom but they are not saying how. They are not saying if they miss school days,if kids eat homemade meals or if they clean and how often

Quoting BEXi:

But thats the point, they manage to go to school, work, do all these things without a nanny. You asked HOW people do it. They answered you.

Whats your problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BEXi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

French

Quoting JaQuan_Jayla:

What the freak you working on your PhD, I am still working on my bachelors .. so mad ! Just hire a new maid? I think you doing good, what type of work you do??? tell me lol what did you major in? 

clappingbow down

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Honestly? Thats not something you can explain to someone HOW to do..

I mean, I can tell you to make a daily routine list, because it keeps everything organized and everything is expected- but that might not work for you. Routines dont work for a lot of people, you know?

It just gets done.. I dont know how to explain it? You wont die (obviously lol), but things will be stressful. You have to learn that there are not enough hours in the day to do everything and how to accept the fact that you will have to priortize and hold off something or things for the next day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not really. They are saying that they work and study and try to be a mom but they are not saying how. They are not saying if they miss school days,if kids eat homemade meals or if they clean and how often

Quoting BEXi:

Whats your problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BEXi:

rightnanny
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

where did you find a nanny, where to find a child carer???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM

yes because it is in French and not in English.I am sorry I didn't write "yourself"

Quoting Anonymous:

lol you have a  phd and still use the term "judge your own self" ? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)