Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't do it without a nanny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a very active 19 m old and I'm a single working mom.i am used to taking him to daycare from 7.45 to 3.30, mond to frid and a nanny comes home on tue and Thursday from 4 to 8 and sund from 2 to 6 m.

Last sund she told me that she could not come on tues anymore and I thought I was able to hande it all without her help.

i can't .

i m sick this week so it may not be the best time to evaluate this but I think I need help 3 times a week if I want a clean home, homemade meals, quality time, time at home to work and not get too stressed.

how do women do it without help?

EDIT

since people don't read responses, I am going to clarify certain things:

1) I should have used the word "maid" or helper instead of nanny. She cleans, does laundry, folds clothes, crosses the street to pick up a few groceries, organizes toys, recharges batteries, change batteries and yes, she would not  ignore my child if he wants to play but she is always around while I am home. she may change a diaper here and there or get sippy cups ready or clean high chair or help feeding him fruit after we ate dinner but she is not a "nanny" working alone

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD

4)I don't judge SAHMs, you don't judge working moms

5) I leave the office to be home with my son but I still have to do work from home.

6) like most if you, I did have to suck it up and be a mom (whatever it means for everyone).for me, it means that I dont get my hair done twice a week, I dont get manicures and pedicures, I dont get a massage, I dont work out as much as I jused to, I dont travel as much as i used to, i dont have a different $100 bottle of perfume every month, I dont buy expensive make up, I don't hang out wiuth the same friends and etc etc...it is all about my son and i am happy but go and judge your own self

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (51-60):
ChevronOwls
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Why do you pay for that stuff? Can't you just do it at home? If you have to work so hard to provide this stuff it's not worth it. Relax on the work load and have normal mommy and me time with your baby. That involves bonding at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a mommy and me class so it is no different from any mommy and me class parents do with their kids...call it French, yoga or whatever

Quoting ChevronOwls:

As much as your 1 year old loves his French classes, I'm sure he would go without if that meant spending more time with his actual mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I get hme, I still have work from the office that I need to d so I am far from lazy.i have to keep up with work to afford the clothes he has, the gym classes he takes, the parks and entertainment he goes to and his French classes

Quoting Anonymous:

Say what? No one can be this lazy. Get off of your ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Why do you make assumptions?

my post clearly stated the hours I get help and I don't work n Saturdays so we go to farms, the zoo, pony rides, the beach, hiking, swimming, etc etc

Quoting dbush0584:

Actually....if you want help you could hire a maid and actually be a patent to your child. who watches your kid on Saturday because it's OBVIOUSLY not you?

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Good point. Not bashing moms who work, I get that you do what works for your family but given the choice I'd outsource cleaning or cooking and spend the time with dd whenever I'm not working. I mean if you're spending the money either way...

Quoting dbush0584:

Actually....if you want help you could hire a maid and actually be a patent to your child. who watches your kid on Saturday because it's OBVIOUSLY not you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
I am a single mom to 4 kids 5 and under. They go to my sisters from 7:30 to 4:30, but I make ALL of their meals for them at my home and she just feeds it to them. They also all have special needs. It can be done. It takes strength. You can do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I took his first 14 months off to bond at home and it was great

Quoting ChevronOwls:

Why do you pay for that stuff? Can't you just do it at home? If you have to work so hard to provide this stuff it's not worth it. Relax on the work load and have normal mommy and me time with your baby. That involves bonding at home.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is a mommy and me class so it is no different from any mommy and me class parents do with their kids...call it French, yoga or whatever

Quoting ChevronOwls:

As much as your 1 year old loves his French classes, I'm sure he would go without if that meant spending more time with his actual mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I get hme, I still have work from the office that I need to d so I am far from lazy.i have to keep up with work to afford the clothes he has, the gym classes he takes, the parks and entertainment he goes to and his French classes

Quoting Anonymous:

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I don't know how people deal with having a nanny in thier home, it would feel so weird and intrusive to me.  I am not trying to be unkind, but you just need to adjust and do what needs to be done. 

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MannaBoo
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I had twins and no help. Fuck you.

dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM
WHEN? He is in someone else's care for 52 hours a week and he sleeps AT LEAST 56 hours a week plus naps so let's go with 70 hours of sleep a week. that's 122 hours a week he's not with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry but I disagree. All those activities are quality are done together and I love doing them with him. It is not Ike he gets dropped off at activities and I pick him up. We do them together and they connect us with m friends as well

Quoting boshs1andonly:

He's 19 months, he doesn't NEED all that especially if its getting in the way of you being a mom. Work to cover the essentials and some savings then spend the rest of the time being a mom to you kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Well I am a sahm. Dh helps when he can.. I sleep when ds naps. Sometimes I go to bed when he does. But he is in bed by 7... so usually not.... I clean and play while he is awake. My mom has him visit once a week as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)