Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm thinking about stopping regular check-ups for my son.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have never been a big fan of doctors. I have always felt that they interfere with the natural human body in ways that aren't necessary or healthy. I myself don't go to the doctor unless I'm very sick. Maybe once a year I really need antibiotics or something, but I don't go in unless I have to. Its annoying when I do see a doctor becuase they always push me to make an appointment to have some exam done. I have taken my son to all of his well child visits so far and he has had all his immunizations ( although I think they gave him way to many), but now that he is almost 5 I am leaning toward stopping the constant check-ups when nothing is wrong. Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I dont care anymore to be a part of this.. I do not care anymore.. When her kid gets a suspicious lump or cancer that could of been caught and treated before its too late,, KARMA

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I figure that while I look at my child and see that he is "perfectly healthy", there is no way I can positively say that his lymph nodes aren't slightly enlarged, his spine is perfectly aligned, he has absolutely no heart murmurs, his inner ear has no issues nor does his nasal passages, his reflexes are completely normal, his sight is 20/20...  I guess I just want someone with the skill to detect those things to do their job and check him out once a year.

Anonymous
1 mom liked this

This gets better and better. Your doctor prescribed fluoride for your son. Are you sure you weren't in a dentist's office by mistake? Lmao. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Flouride.

Quoting Anonymous:

Doctors do not prescribe medication for children that are well. So if you took your supposedly 'well' child to the doctor and he was prescribed medication, he was not, in fact, healthy. He was sick. Denying the child medical care is absolutely stupid. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't mind if the doc just does an exam. But every time I go in there they want to do some other shot or medication. Why can't they just leave his body be?

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand your view and don't necessarily disagree with it.  But, if your son goes to school or participates in any kind of sport, camp, club events, they will need to have that check up.  Even if you say that he won't, if the need arrises at a later date, it is much more difficult to get a child in for a check up when they have not been a consistent patient.  To me, well child check up don't hurt.  Basically a check of sight, hearing, heart, height and weight.  If a doctor finds something concerning, you have the ability to chose to have follow up treatment or not.

Anonymous

I don't bother going unless there is something wrong.  And tbh with asthma and allergies and special needs, he sees enough of the doctor that I don't think an exam is needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM

He's fine. He has no cavities and I'm not giving him several ml of flouride which is sopposedly for his teeth and having it go straight to his stomach.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Both kids are were there is no flouride in the water hence them getting prescriptions for it and doctors do what they feel necessary for the kid.. You seem like you're going to be one of those freaks who does more harm than good to their kids

Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

If your son is 5 and has been vaxed on schedule, he may need just one more round of boosters, unless he got them at age 4, and then no more vaxes for 7 years. If you have gone all the way up until now, why stop at this point?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

how is that karma?

So she is irresponsible and the kid pays for it?  Hardly seems like karma is the right word for that.

Quoting paganmommy4:

I dont care anymore to be a part of this.. I do not care anymore.. When her kid gets a suspicious lump or cancer that could of been caught and treated before its too late,, KARMA

KeriAZ
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I didn't go in to my Dr for many yrs. And when I finally had a womens exam I found out I had cancer and if I didn't do anything I would have been dead in a yr. There's a reason for annual check ups.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM

You get back what you put in the universe.. She stops being a mom to her kid and stops caring about his health, thats karma

Quoting Anonymous:

how is that karma?

So she is irresponsible and the kid pays for it?  Hardly seems like karma is the right word for that.

Quoting paganmommy4:

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:12 AM

We stopped monthly well checks after 6 months and stop well checks after 5 years old all together. We also don't vaccinate. You have to do what you feel is best for your child. We've discussed it with our pediatrician and he doesn't see problem with the way we do things. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)