Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this be incest??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My nephew and my second cousin, so his third cousin. I think it's weird but they talk to each other in a flirty way. They didn't grow up together and our families don't even hang out or anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
mmmonkey
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Not technically incest, but still really weird in my opinion. I consider cousins family (even second and third cousins).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I couldn't do it. We grew up as if are cousins were like our own siblings and when they have kids then that child is like our niece/nephew. So basically we raise our kids to feel like they are 1st cousins.

mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I never understood the whole "once removed, twice removed, ect" Can someone please explain, is this for those who were only related by marriage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Sorry it doesn't matter which cousin it is. It's still a cousin. Eww
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Not really

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I would certainly consider that incest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM

That hurts my head. lol I always thought that my cousins kids were my 2nd cousins, and then my cousins grandkids would be my 3rd cousins. Guess I was wrong about that all these years!

And OP, since it's that far away, I don't really think there would be any issues.

Quoting Blueliner:

If you're right about them being 3rd cousins then they're pretty distantly related sharing great-great-grandparents:

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM

World English Dictionary
incest  (ˈɪnsɛst) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

n

sexual intercourse between two persons commonly regarded as too closely related to marry

[C13: from Latin incestus  incest (from adj: impure, defiled), from in- 1  + castus chaste ]

Based on this definition, it's not incest if they can legally marry.  So, if that's legal in your state, it's not incest.  It has the ick factor for me in a big way though, I would never be okay with it no matter how distant the relative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Yes its weird ! My old roommate dated her third cousin , I was like really ? I even heard them have sex , my bf accidentally saw them have sex on my couch ewwww I got rid of it the next day. Theres soo many ppl in the world I just done understand the point , maybe if it was England and he was a king back in the fourteen century but not now days
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
That's exactly what dr Phil said the other day.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

I think after first cousins it's technically "ok"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN