Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this be incest??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My nephew and my second cousin, so his third cousin. I think it's weird but they talk to each other in a flirty way. They didn't grow up together and our families don't even hang out or anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
mmmonkey
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Not technically incest, but still really weird in my opinion. I consider cousins family (even second and third cousins).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I couldn't do it. We grew up as if are cousins were like our own siblings and when they have kids then that child is like our niece/nephew. So basically we raise our kids to feel like they are 1st cousins.

mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I never understood the whole "once removed, twice removed, ect" Can someone please explain, is this for those who were only related by marriage?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Sorry it doesn't matter which cousin it is. It's still a cousin. Eww
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Not really

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I would certainly consider that incest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM

That hurts my head. lol I always thought that my cousins kids were my 2nd cousins, and then my cousins grandkids would be my 3rd cousins. Guess I was wrong about that all these years!

And OP, since it's that far away, I don't really think there would be any issues.

Quoting Blueliner:

If you're right about them being 3rd cousins then they're pretty distantly related sharing great-great-grandparents:

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM

World English Dictionary
incest  (ˈɪnsɛst) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

n

sexual intercourse between two persons commonly regarded as too closely related to marry

[C13: from Latin incestus  incest (from adj: impure, defiled), from in- 1  + castus chaste ]

Based on this definition, it's not incest if they can legally marry.  So, if that's legal in your state, it's not incest.  It has the ick factor for me in a big way though, I would never be okay with it no matter how distant the relative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Yes its weird ! My old roommate dated her third cousin , I was like really ? I even heard them have sex , my bf accidentally saw them have sex on my couch ewwww I got rid of it the next day. Theres soo many ppl in the world I just done understand the point , maybe if it was England and he was a king back in the fourteen century but not now days
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
That's exactly what dr Phil said the other day.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

I think after first cousins it's technically "ok"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)