Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I just made homeade laundry soap and fabric softener :) WHY didnt someone tell me 5 years ago how inexpensive,easy and greener this method is:) I will never again buy store bought crap full of chemicals:)

So what kind of things do you MOMMAS do to save a little money around the house?

Anybody got anymore DIY projects they would like to share.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Replies (101-104):
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Does this laundry soap work for HE washers, too?

Quoting lendales_mommi:

So I just made homeade laundry soap and fabric softener :) WHY didnt someone tell me 5 years ago how inexpensive,easy and greener this method is:) I will never again buy store bought crap full of chemicals:)

So what kind of things do you MOMMAS do to save a little money around the house?

Anybody got anymore DIY projects they would like to share.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I don't make my own anything. I suck.
Kitschy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Yeah it works great. I don't know what brand I bought because it was almost a year ago. There's no brand info on it because it's just a stone. You want the non synthetic type. Don't buy one that's white in color. It should be translucent.

Quoting ashley1693:

How well does the crystal deodorant work? Also where did you get it? Does it seem to be worth the price? Sorry for so many questions but I've been interested in it but I've never found anyone that has used it.

Quoting Kitschy:

I make all my own cleaners, I stopped using hair products when I went poo free, I use crystal deodorant the list goes on and on. I didn't start doing this stuff to save money, but I am saving a ton.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muchlovedby4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Me, me, me!!!! Teach me please!!!

How do u make ur...
1)Shampoo
2)Conditioner
3)Moisturizer
4)Lip Balm

???

I gotta know, please!! PM me please!

Quoting Matriarch87:

I do my own laundry detergent and softner as well as make all my own household cleaners and dishwasher detergent. Used to make my own baby wipes. I make my own shampoo and conditioner and body moisturizers and scrubs. Lip balm and even deodorant. ..does making my own candles count? Lol.. .I think that's about it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN