Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you this is weird?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a single mom and I will always remain a single mom.  

I will never be in a relationship, I am abstinant.  I guess you could say I am celebate.

Weird?  Bad? What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

nope, no issues.  I just don't like sharing my space, I don't feel the need to live with another adult and have a low sex drive so don't need partners.   No biggie, no therapy and no men issues :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like you got some HUGE issues with men , get therapy , go on a retreat and refresh you mind . Then decide

Cindy18
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Why do you feel this way?

I don't think that is a healthy decision or one that you will be able to keep in the long run. Everyone needs someone. Maybe not right now in your life but if the right man comes along then don't shut the door on the possibility.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Many people choose to stay single.  I find it interesting you think one needs a man to be happy.  I don't think that is healthy.  A person should be able to be independantly happy, a partner should only add to that, not be required for it imho.

Quoting Cindy18:

I don't think that is a healthy decision or one that you will be able to keep in the long run. Everyone needs someone. Maybe not right now in your life but if the right man comes along then don't shut the door on the possibility.

Cindy18
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I'm not saying that one HAS to have a partener to be happy. I'm saying that everyone needs people in their lives. Being isolated and proclaiming you will never be in a relationship is unhealthy. If you are choosing to isolate yourself from people to make that proclamation come true, that is what is unhealthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Many people choose to stay single.  I find it interesting you think one needs a man to be happy.  I don't think that is healthy.  A person should be able to be independantly happy, a partner should only add to that, not be required for it imho.

Quoting Cindy18:

TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I don't think its bad, but it definitely wouldn't work for me. I would go insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I am not isolated at all.  I have many good life long friends and a very tightknit family.  I am not isolating myself at all, I am simply choosing to remain celibate.

You contradicted yourself btw.

Quoting Cindy18:

I'm not saying that one HAS to have a partener to be happy. I'm saying that everyone needs people in their lives. Being isolated and proclaiming you will never be in a relationship is unhealthy. If you are choosing to isolate yourself from people to make that proclamation come true, that is what is unhealthy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Cindy18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN