Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no clue how to feed my baby.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What and how much should a one year old be eating? Is it pretty much anything? This is my first so I'm probably over thinking it but I just don't want to mess up.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM
At a year old, they can have honey.

Quoting horseap:

Um no honey first of all.  But are you talking snacks or meals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:45 AM

feed the baby soft foods to start...scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes. grilled cheese,chicken, break up little burgers  pancakes, soft cereals....yogurt, litty bitty pieces .spaghetti.....cut everything up tiny.. carrots steamed, string beans, broccol, .cheerios,.with teeth anything pretty much that you eat just cut up very small...fruits cheese...VERY TINY.. feed 4 x  day and 2 snacks...32 oz milk ( 4-- 8 oz cups, or bottles )..and 8 oz juice and water a day if they eat it all offer more..until they push the food off tray ...you'll know when their done..

NO peanut butter YET or HOTDOGS NO Honey ...they can BLOCK his/ her throat...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:46 AM

My sons three and I can't remember!!!! Which is freaking me out because I'm about to have another one! :*( 

here is a bump anyway!

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:46 AM

After a year old peanut butter and other allergens are fine to give as long as there is no family history of allergies.  

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

At a yr old why can't they eat anything?

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
There is really nothing to prove any of that. All my boys were eating those foods at one year old. (Except the nuts... But we don't eat those usually.. just peanut butter and such).

OP, I started just giving little amounts of whatever we were. eating as a family. We never did *baby food* or anything special..

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM

FIND ME some lol i jst posted a link to prove my point.....

Quoting stickyfingers:

Yes there is. Lol

Quoting lendales_mommi:

There is no evidence to prove any of this nonsense you just listed.....

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I fed my 1yo what everybody else ate and all the little things for whatever gerber had packaged for his age. His meals would be mostly veggies then fruit, of course a little grain, and the least was meat. U have to make everything small enough so they won't choke. U should ask ur pedi what foods not to give them, but other than that just make sure it's chopped or mashed up well enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Cut up fruits, veggies and meats. Toast, soups, pasta, sandwiches, rice, cereal, oatmeal, etc.
There is lots of options that they can have.
The only things that should be avoided is choking hazards and any food that there is family allergic to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM
My son just turned one and we give him a little of whatever we eat...he also eats oranges, peanutbutter, etc we give him a lot of different stuff
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:49 AM
At a year old, peanut butter and honey are both ok.

Hotdogs cut into tiny pieces are also ok (although we don't eat them in our house at all.. :-/ )

Quoting Anonymous:

feed the baby soft foods to start...scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes. grilled cheese,chicken, break up little burgers  pancakes, soft cereals....yogurt, litty bitty pieces .spaghetti.....cut everything up tiny.. carrots steamed, string beans, broccol, .cheerios,.with teeth anything pretty much that you eat just cut up very small...fruits cheese...VERY TINY.. feed 4 x  day and 2 snacks...32 oz milk ( 4-- 8 oz cups, or bottles )..and 8 oz juice and water a day if they eat it all offer more..until they push the food off tray ...you'll know when their done..

NO peanut butter YET or HOTDOGS NO Honey ...they can BLOCK his/ her throat...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN