Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have no clue how to feed my baby.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What and how much should a one year old be eating? Is it pretty much anything? This is my first so I'm probably over thinking it but I just don't want to mess up.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I was thinking that lol. I had to focus to remember, but he's 2 1/2

Quoting Anonymous:

My sons three and I can't remember!!!! Which is freaking me out because I'm about to have another one! :*( 

here is a bump anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM
This is only if there is a family history of said allergy.

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

At a yr old why can't they eat anything?

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Allergies a big in our family

Quoting jjchick75:

After a year old peanut butter and other allergens are fine to give as long as there is no family history of allergies.  

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Honey is fine at a year old also.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/infantbotulismhoney.htm#.UThGqhzryjQ

Quoting horseap:

Um no honey first of all.  But are you talking snacks or meals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Phew, glad I'm not alone, lol. I tend to forget what the mile-stones are once we pass them :/

Quoting Nynnie:

I was thinking that lol. I had to focus to remember, but he's 2 1/2

Quoting Anonymous:

My sons three and I can't remember!!!! Which is freaking me out because I'm about to have another one! :*( 

here is a bump anyway!

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM

They are in my family as well. 

Quoting stickyfingers:

Allergies a big in our family

Quoting jjchick75:

After a year old peanut butter and other allergens are fine to give as long as there is no family history of allergies.  

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I havent transitioned yet, she turns a year on the 12

Quoting stickyfingers:

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
The milk is going to still be the main and most important thing you give her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I havent transitioned yet, she turns a year on the 12

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Meals

Quoting horseap:

horseap
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM

*oh yes I forgot what group I was in let me explain* We kept DD with a virgin/open gut as long as possible.  Started solids at 7 months.  We held off on honey because of the risk of botulism and DS was sick and in the hospital from rota virus.  There isnt a chance in Hell I would even play with the idea of trying it and DD getting sick.  So we held off.  Many dont care but Im an Id rather be safe than sorry person.  THE OP never said if they were a shes 12 months 1 or 18 months, thats why I said no honey.(My birth group is of like minds thats why it came out)

Quoting Anonymous:

At a year old, they can have honey.

Quoting horseap:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured