Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no clue how to feed my baby.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What and how much should a one year old be eating? Is it pretty much anything? This is my first so I'm probably over thinking it but I just don't want to mess up.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM

OP check out that link i posted it has lots of good info. I know every momma thinks they know everything LOL BUT the doctors dont even know what they are talking about. They have been lieing to us for years on what are children can eat...at age one the only thing i was worried about was choking as allergies are not an issue in our family......im sure if ur child had one you would know by now. That's why i always followed my heart with what to give my child. You live and ya learn :)

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Um yeah.  Talk to anyone who has allergies or a child with allergies.  Ignorance is a dangerous thing.  Oranges is new to me though, is that an allergy risk now? 

Quoting stickyfingers:

Yes there is. Lol

Quoting lendales_mommi:

There is no evidence to prove any of this nonsense you just listed.....

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

At a yr old why can't they eat anything?

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?

marinenonstop
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 AM
My one yr old doesn't have many teeth, but i basically give him whatever we're eating. I just make sure its very small bites. I still don't give him nuts or grapes though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 AM

*sigh* I explained to a pp why I put it that I didnt realize what group this was, that we kept dd with a virgin gut until 7 months and she has allergies so we held off. Plus she just said 1 not 12 month 1, 18 months 1 or 1 going on 2. I always go better safe than sorry.

Quoting jjchick75:

Honey is fine at a year old also.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/infantbotulismhoney.htm#.UThGqhzryjQ

Quoting horseap:

Um no honey first of all.  But are you talking snacks or meals?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Can you make it clicky? I'm mobile

Quoting lendales_mommi:

OP check out that link i posted it has lots of good info. I know every momma thinks they know everything LOL BUT the doctors dont even know what they are talking about. They have been lieing to us for years on what are children can eat...at age one the only thing i was worried about was choking as allergies are not an issue in our family......im sure if ur child had one you would know by now. That's why i always followed my heart with what to give my child. You live and ya learn :)

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Okay, this arguing is stupid. I just had my LO at the doctor yesterday for a well baby checkup, she is 9 months. And should be on mostly "table food" by 12 monthsDoctor said, give her what I'm eating cut up to about the size of a pencil eraser. If there is no family history of a food allergy it should be okay but give a very small amount at first to be safe. No whole nuts, whole grapes, or hot dogs (hot dogs can be cut tiny and will be fine) because they can cause chocking. I wouldn't give chips because they tend to be sharp. She CAN have whole milk but doesn't need it if you are still nursing or using formula. Feel free to message me if you want to Hun 

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I dont know how lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you make it clicky? I'm mobile

Quoting lendales_mommi:

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM

We never started solids before 9 months and did baby led solids. I don't give honey(or nuts) either. We have several food allergies in our family so food and what is safe and what isn't is a large part of my life lol. I just meant after a year if parents feel comfortable with it, it's seen as safe to give honey. 

Quoting horseap:

*sigh* I explained to a pp why I put it that I didnt realize what group this was, that we kept dd with a virgin gut until 7 months and she has allergies so we held off. Plus she just said 1 not 12 month 1, 18 months 1 or 1 going on 2. I always go better safe than sorry.

Quoting jjchick75:

Honey is fine at a year old also.

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/infantbotulismhoney.htm#.UThGqhzryjQ

Quoting horseap:

Um no honey first of all.  But are you talking snacks or meals?

KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM

I have an orange "allergy" it isn't life threatening at all, just breaks my mouth out. I also can't eat tomatoes, any citrus fruit, mango, or pineapple. Never heard of them killing anybody though

Quoting crumpy_gat:

Um yeah.  Talk to anyone who has allergies or a child with allergies.  Ignorance is a dangerous thing.  Oranges is new to me though, is that an allergy risk now? 

Quoting stickyfingers:

Yes there is. Lol

Quoting lendales_mommi:

There is no evidence to prove any of this nonsense you just listed.....

Quoting stickyfingers:

They shouldn't have peanut butter, strawberries and other things that are common for allergies. I think even oranges. It's not just a free for all when they turn one. Some things are dangerous too like nuts and popcorn

Quoting Anonymous:

At a yr old why can't they eat anything?

Quoting stickyfingers:

No they can't eat anything if they have teeth don't listen to pp! Give her mashed fruit like bananas. I would give mine rice crispies all soggy lol if you give meat make sure it's teeny pieces but she should have mostly fruits and veggies right now. And milk. Are you still nursing or giving formula?

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:07 AM

nothing high in fat or sugar is best, with that being said, feed her what you in in smaller amounts but nothing high in mercury ( not albacore tuna) 

Her stomach is the size of her fist ( all moms know this) and they pretend that they dont, so like smaller portions for you kiddo and they should be just fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN