Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex called cps on me or at least I think it was him....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Then a week later he filed for a change of custody.  He mailed the notice to an address I haven't lived at for more than 8 years and mailed the notice to an address my attorney hasn'[t been at in 8 years either.  The only reason I was even notified of the request to change custody was because my attorney got the notice a week after the initial hearing date was made. 

CPS talked to my kid at school and my kid came home and asked me why this strange man was asking if I had ever hit her.  She then said "mommy you've never hit me, why would that man ask me if you did." 

The same day my husband, called me and told me to come home.  The cps person had come into our home, didn't even tell my husband what his name was and wouldn't tell us what the allegations were.  The guy left as soon as my husband told him that I am an attorney and a nurse.  He didn't even wait for me to come home to speak with me.  I called to the state cps board and found out who the guy was that was in my home.  Never got a call back from the guy.  Instead, I got a letter from a different social worker saying there's been an allegation of abuse or neglect and to call a number.  I called that number and left a message for that worker.  Still haven't heard from the worker and its been 2 weeks.  The worker that was in my home questioned my husband about a day when he took my daughter to school.  She has a seizure disorder but hadn't had a seizure in 4 years.  She had been complaining that she couldn't walk, but as I looked at her she was moving around and had dressed herself.  So, thinking that she was lying to me (I'm a nurse and she didn't evidence any actual signs of a seizure), I had my husband take her to school.  She's lied in the past to keep from going to school and to keep from going to her dad's.  When she has a seizure she always vomits and they are always grand mal seizures.  She did not vomit and there was no visible sign or symptoms.  My husband took her to school and carried her into school.  Her stepmother works at the school so he left her with her stepmother.  Her stepmother did not call me or anything.  I called to check and see if she was alright later in the day and the school said she was at the hospital!  He and his wife had taken my kid to the hospital and didn't bother to tell me.  They did an MRI and it was ruled that she had not had a seizure.  So ex took her back to his house.  She then had an actual seizure at his house.  They took her to the hospital.  My ex then proceeded to gang up on me and keep me out of the hospital room and because I didn't want my daughter to be traumatized I didn't stay. 

There is a hearing date set to hold my ex in contempt for failing to return my child to me and for failing to pay child support over the last 6 months and on his request to change custody.  I hadn't gone after him for anything and let it all slide for months because I was trying to avoid a fight.  He was verbally abusive during our marriage and towards the end of the marriage became physically abusive.  He is now using our child to control and manipulate me.

I am scared that CPS will come up with something despite the fact that my children are well-fed, clothed appropriately, clean, see their pediatrician and other doctors regularly and my home is clean. As someone who has represented parents in CPS cases I have seen them remove kids or make parents complete a "safety plan" admitting guilt even when the parent's didn't deserve it.  I have also seen the reverse where kids that should have been removed were not. 

What kind of a person does this sort of thing to another person?  He's traumatizing our child and my other children and jeopardizing my ability to earn an income because I work primarily as a nurse.  If I work as an attorney its for low-income people and I don't make enough to support my kids that way.

I am worried that the judge won't see what my ex is doing as well.  Judges don't always see when there is manipulation and bullying involved.

And, I have lost 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks because of the stress. 

On top of it all, he asked my sister if she would talk to CPS... she said she would if they called but that she wouldn't go against me because I'm not a bad mother.

Sorry for the long post.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:53 AM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Irregardless is not a word, council.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:39 AM

First off, again, why come into a forum simply to attack me?  Second, look on the internet and you will see that irregardless is a word. And, furthermore, attorneys are referred to as counselor, not council. 

CutieCrab
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM

He sounds like a jerk!  But CPS is just doing their job, you should be fine. Goodluck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Thats horrible. I had them called on me by a chick I no longer wanted to be friends with. She started doing drugs and got her kids taken so she thought I deserved mine taken too. It was unfounded and she ended up in jail for the drug abuse. Good Luck!! Its nerve wracking but if you are not doing anything bad you should be ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Obviously this was a poor place to post this. You are in the land of highschool mean girls who are just ignorant to reality.
I'm sorry for your problems. I believe you and think that your a strong smart lady who will be just fine. Keep us updated. Stay strong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then a week later he filed for a change of custody.  He mailed the notice to an address I haven't lived at for more than 8 years and mailed the notice to an address my attorney hasn'[t been at in 8 years either.  The only reason I was even notified of the request to change custody was because my attorney got the notice a week after the initial hearing date was made. 

CPS talked to my kid at school and my kid came home and asked me why this strange man was asking if I had ever hit her.  She then said "mommy you've never hit me, why would that man ask me if you did." 

The same day my husband, called me and told me to come home.  The cps person had come into our home, didn't even tell my husband what his name was and wouldn't tell us what the allegations were.  The guy left as soon as my husband told him that I am an attorney and a nurse.  He didn't even wait for me to come home to speak with me.  I called to the state cps board and found out who the guy was that was in my home.  Never got a call back from the guy.  Instead, I got a letter from a different social worker saying there's been an allegation of abuse or neglect and to call a number.  I called that number and left a message for that worker.  Still haven't heard from the worker and its been 2 weeks.  The worker that was in my home questioned my husband about a day when he took my daughter to school.  She has a seizure disorder but hadn't had a seizure in 4 years.  She had been complaining that she couldn't walk, but as I looked at her she was moving around and had dressed herself.  So, thinking that she was lying to me (I'm a nurse and she didn't evidence any actual signs of a seizure), I had my husband take her to school.  She's lied in the past to keep from going to school and to keep from going to her dad's.  When she has a seizure she always vomits and they are always grand mal seizures.  She did not vomit and there was no visible sign or symptoms.  My husband took her to school and carried her into school.  Her stepmother works at the school so he left her with her stepmother.  Her stepmother did not call me or anything.  I called to check and see if she was alright later in the day and the school said she was at the hospital!  He and his wife had taken my kid to the hospital and didn't bother to tell me.  They did an MRI and it was ruled that she had not had a seizure.  So ex took her back to his house.  She then had an actual seizure at his house.  They took her to the hospital.  My ex then proceeded to gang up on me and keep me out of the hospital room and because I didn't want my daughter to be traumatized I didn't stay. 

There is a hearing date set to hold my ex in contempt for failing to return my child to me and for failing to pay child support over the last 6 months and on his request to change custody.  I hadn't gone after him for anything and let it all slide for months because I was trying to avoid a fight.  He was verbally abusive during our marriage and towards the end of the marriage became physically abusive.  He is now using our child to control and manipulate me.

I am scared that CPS will come up with something despite the fact that my children are well-fed, clothed appropriately, clean, see their pediatrician and other doctors regularly and my home is clean. As someone who has represented parents in CPS cases I have seen them remove kids or make parents complete a "safety plan" admitting guilt even when the parent's didn't deserve it.  I have also seen the reverse where kids that should have been removed were not. 

What kind of a person does this sort of thing to another person?  He's traumatizing our child and my other children and jeopardizing my ability to earn an income because I work primarily as a nurse.  If I work as an attorney its for low-income people and I don't make enough to support my kids that way.

I am worried that the judge won't see what my ex is doing as well.  Judges don't always see when there is manipulation and bullying involved.

And, I have lost 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks because of the stress. 

On top of it all, he asked my sister if she would talk to CPS... she said she would if they called but that she wouldn't go against me because I'm not a bad mother.

Sorry for the long post.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN