Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

VENT ABOUT BM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies

Ugh. So tired of this woman! She is hardcore addicted to meth and she has been out of dds life for years and years. She has never once called sent a card on a birthday, or done anything! She signed over all of her rights to sd so she wouldnt be ordered to pay support anymore (although she was court ordered before she signed over, and never paid) but thats besides the point. She texts my husbands phone last night saying she wants to see DD and she wants to bring her new husband with her and her two other kids that they BOTH dont have custody of (her new husbands MOTHER has full custody of the kids because they are both meth addicts). Anyway, SD saw the text before my husband did and she is insisting to see her mother. She hasnt seen her mother in 9 years. What should we do?! Let her see her? bring her new husband and two other kids which SD has never met in her life? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM

How old is she?

afwifeandmommy3
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell sd that although she wants to see her now is not the time .
Is she I'm counseling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM
4 moms liked this
I would allow her to see her mother in a neutral location with you guys supervising. If you don't , she may end up resenting you and her father. It will not take much for her to see her mother as she truly is. The addiction will not allow her to be a good person and your dd will figure it out. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

She's 12. 

She got taken away from her mother when her mother got sent to prison for manufacturing meth. My husband has had custody ever since and BM has not called or been around AT ALL since then.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she?

vamosalaplaya
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I have no idea but hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Yes she has been in counseling for years due to the trauma she has been through.

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Tell sd that although she wants to see her now is not the time .
Is she I'm counseling

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Thanks!

Quoting hddcooper:

I would allow her to see her mother in a neutral location with you guys supervising. If you don't , she may end up resenting you and her father. It will not take much for her to see her mother as she truly is. The addiction will not allow her to be a good person and your dd will figure it out. Good luck.

kngarber
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
It might be best to let her see her BM.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM

That's what we've been thinking. We just worry her mother will see her, and then have nothing to do with her all over again. She is currently facing 7 years in prison for manufacturing a meth lab...so regardless her mother is going back to prison. 

We just worry it'll be another loss to SD and we certainly don't want to put her through anything else. She doesn't deserve anymore trauma or loss in her life.

Quoting kngarber:

It might be best to let her see her BM.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I would allow her to see her. Just set up some precautions. Have it be in a neutral location and obviously don't leave her alone with these people. Does your sd know why she hasn't been in her life?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's 12. 

She got taken away from her mother when her mother got sent to prison for manufacturing meth. My husband has had custody ever since and BM has not called or been around AT ALL since then.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN