Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No! I don't want you crap ass store brand, no matter how much cheaper!
Give me Campbells..

What is one thing you refuse to buy store brand? 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Replies (21-30):
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I never heard of that brand.

Quoting banana-bear:

Hmm, and I refuse to eat Campbell's. I prefer Pacific brand because it is delicious, organic and doesn't come in a BPA-lined can.

banana-bear
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM
If you don't eat organically or shop in the health food sections of the store, I can understand why. It comes in a carton...same way most conventional broth does.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting banana-bear:

Hmm, and I refuse to eat Campbell's. I prefer Pacific brand because it is delicious, organic and doesn't come in a BPA-lined can.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM

AGREE!!!! 

I use a keriug now so they don't have cheap brands that I know of. 

But my in laws will use the cheapest they can find my mil says she'll never pay more then $2 a can. And somehow she doesn't. I don't even know where to find it that cheap. Anyways we go camping with them and I refuse to drink her coffee, and not only is it cheap they only use 2 tbls per a 12 cup pot. It is watered down crap. 
She was nice last year and purposesly bought folgers for me and made it stronger :) She loves me.

When she comes here and has coffee she'll reuse my k cup because she says they are to strong, so the second time around it how she makes her coffee. I love her though :) 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

coffee.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Facewash & bacon MUST be name brand!
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Our local Stop and Shop has a organic section. I will sometime browse to see what is on sale. I will have to check it out. Thanks. 

Quoting banana-bear:

If you don't eat organically or shop in the health food sections of the store, I can understand why. It comes in a carton...same way most conventional broth does.

Quoting ajrjj05:

Quoting banana-bear:

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Ugh. I hate watered down coffee. My MIL always made watered down coffee. I love super strong coffee.

Quoting ajrjj05:

AGREE!!!! 

I use a keriug now so they don't have cheap brands that I know of. 

But my in laws will use the cheapest they can find my mil says she'll never pay more then $2 a can. And somehow she doesn't. I don't even know where to find it that cheap. Anyways we go camping with them and I refuse to drink her coffee, and not only is it cheap they only use 2 tbls per a 12 cup pot. It is watered down crap. 
She was nice last year and purposesly bought folgers for me and made it stronger :) She loves me.

When she comes here and has coffee she'll reuse my k cup because she says they are to strong, so the second time around it how she makes her coffee. I love her though :) 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

coffee.

photo 09818b36-418b-42ec-bb89-2fd181fbf1af_zpsde7408ec.jpg

"I love you today and I love you tomorrow, I love you as deep as the sea. I love you in joy and I love you in sorrow, You can always come home to me" Andrew Peterson

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I hate tomato soup.  Blech!

I'd say.. toilet paper, soda, mayo and salad dressing!

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Tomato soup also! I notice the store brands have a sweet taste to them that I don't like. Also bread, I only like natures own :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Idk why i was hitting anon.. but no, we buy what we want to buy. We dont look at prices. Sometimes when i go home i look at receipts and im like "shit we spent $5 on that"
but then we go and do it again lmao

Quoting ajrjj05:

Anon. NEVER?! That is the first thing I look at, if I don't see a sale sign I just keep walking. 

Quoting AleaKat:

We kinda have to.

I used to get all name brand and never check prices. I'd pay 100 for a handful of junk. It adds up.

I'm happy that you guys are well enough off not to have to budget.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk we dont check prices. Lol

Quoting AleaKat:

Velveta is too expensive
Quoting Anonymous:

Velveeta!

Quoting AleaKat:

Mac n cheese.

I tried it... It was gross!

Give me Kraft.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I found dollar general brand is pretty good. 

Quoting MooreBoysMama:

Hunts or Heinz Ketchup only.

Not store brands, Red Gold or Delmonte. Never.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)