Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

honestly would this bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
5 days ago Dh made a comment that I'm always on my phone. I'm not always on my phone. Periodically throughout the day I will check Facebook, talk to my mom via text or phone, check cafemom, look on craigslist ect. I always put my phone away when I'm with the kids and 80% of the time with Dh. Dh is constantly on his phone.

He is texting his business partner, talking to a contractor or surfing craigslist. He will take a business call in the middle of dinner, text his business partner while putting the boys to bed and surf craigslist while watching tv. I have made an effort to not be on my phone around the kids and to put it away when it's just Dh and I. He hasn't put his away.

He is still constantly on it. Last night he was texting and talking to a contractor the whole time during American idol. He completely ignored me. I commented about how he's always on his phone. He said I'm working. You don't do anything. That comment pissed me off. Saying that I don't work. So I shouldn't be looking for him a new truck since his car broke down last week. I shouldn't be posting ads for Dh's business. I shouldn't be posting pictures and updates about the family on facebook for friends/family who are out of town. I shouldn't be talking to my mom about what's going on with the family. I shouldn't be trying to find use the house of our dreams since We are looking to buy. All of this is nothing. Why because it doesn't make us money?

As if that wasn't enough. He comes home yesterday and tells me that his business partner suggested using my Dh's truck as a trade in and get a newer used truck between 5k and 10k. He shouldn't get a nice used truck between 1k to 4k because those are the crappy ones. Now Dh is talked into a more expensive one. We agreed that getting a house was more important than a new truck. I hate that he seems to listen to everyone but me. Would you be pissed off at Dh over this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
banana-bear
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Paragraphs, please.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

He has no respect for you, period. I have found that husbands tend to gripe about the very things they feel the most guilt over doing. Yes, I would be hot over that.

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

He sounds a bit hypecritical. 

Yes he is on his phone mainly for work purposes, but that shouldn't mean that you shouldn't be on your phone either. 

And if his needs by you are being taken care of , and if the kids are being taken care of and not ignored than he shouldn't have a problem with it.

Now the vehicle vs. house thing , that would tick me off...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:21 AM
I would not be pissed. He's sort of right. While I get that the things you do on your phone are important to you, they are not "work." Obviously looking for a house and truck are pretty important, but everything else is for your pleasure. Not that there is anything wrong with that in moderation but it sounds like he is actually working while on his phone.

It sucks that it interferes with your alone time with him but if he needs to answer an email or take a call for work then he needs to do it.

My advice would be for you both to make a conscious effort to put the phones away unless it is absolutely imperative at that moment to be in your phone. Like if he gets a work call or whatever.

It's hard but I realized that my husband and I were playing on our phones way too much and made a decision to stop. We don't have cable or video games at our house because I want my family to rely in family time while we are together and not on technology to entertain us....yet I was playing around on the Internet or playing a game in my phone in the evening while my husband was doing the same. Totally counterproductive to the whole "no unneeded technology" atmosphere I had created. We've both gotten much better and the only reason I'm on my phone now is because I'm really sick and no one else is awake yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Yes, that would piss me off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN