Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Frustrated..but she's only little for a little while!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am a single mom... My son is 9, daughter is 18 months. My son was a very 'easy going' baby/toddler. He slept through the night from 3 months on, was content playing with toys or watching a movie for a little while by himself, etc...
Beautiful dd is SO opposite. She has NEVER slept through the night, still wakes up a few times from 11pm-ish until she's up for the day NO later than 5am, sometimes earlier. She is attached to my hip ALL day long.. Yes, even in the bathroom. I never get time to myself, not even a trip to the grocery store. I've been finding myself getting frustrated lately especially when she's ready to start the day at 5am after I've gotten maybe 2hrs combined total of sleep. So, I made myself a little poster that says 'I'm only little once!! :)' , and hung it above her crib! I know how fast this time goes, and I DO want to cherish every minute, sometimes I just need a reality check I guess. So now when I wake up frustrated, and see her standing in her crib waiting for mommy to come pick her up... I have an extra reminder that soon enough, I will be longing for these moments back, and there is no reason for me to feel anything but grateful and blessed to have this beautiful, active, clingy little girl, needing and wanting mommy every minute of the day!
I think all too often, we can easily take things for granted and lose sight of the magic contained in every moment spent with our children. Life can change in an instant, and I, for one, just want to know that I made the most of our time together. I want to look back and think ; yes, I did my best and gave the best of myself to my babies, no matter how hard it got, or how much I thought I needed 'a minute to myself'...They're only little once!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM

My daughter woke up every night until she was 6! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)