Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

rear facing car seats

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
So my ds is 18 months and 23 lbs and is still rear facing. I know how much safer rear facing is vs forward facing. When did u ladies turn your babies around?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

My boys (now 8 & 10) were a year and 20lbs.  That was before all of this extended rear facing stuff was really starting.  I didn't know about it.

My daughter (4) rear faced until 3½.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM

with my first I didn't know that RF was the safest  :(   so I turned him around at two

with my second he stayed RF until he reached the weight limit of his seat- they didn't have ones that would RF to 45 like they do now (he is six)   so his limit was 32...he was three months shy of being three

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM
4 moms liked this
I turned my son around at 1 year. Yes, I know I am a horrible excuse for a mother.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I turned my 2 oldest around at 1. I didn't know about erf until after my 2nd child had already been ffing for over a year. I'm keeping my youngest rear facing as long as possible now that I know.

BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

When i had my first dd and even my second DD i knew nothing about extended rear facing. I thought all children were front faced at a year so whats what we did. our third child tho, she's almost 19 months (in two days) she's still rear facing but she's been in the same carseat since she was born. We have yet to find a convertable carseat. Not because of the price, but the SIZE. We have an isuzu rodeo and we have three carseats that are the the back (its a 5 seater car) and the carseat shes in now just fits with the two toddler seats, so we have a to find a convertable carseat that will fit back there have the door be able to close. I dont even want to take her anywhere bc I know she has to be over the weight limit now :[

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My girls both were both turned around at 20 lbs. My oldest was 12 1/2 months, my youngest was around 14 months.

Mdmooch
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
My oldest is 3 1/2 almost and still RF.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I turned mine around at 1 but I don't think they had seats that rear-faced beyond 20lbs when mine were little. They are 7 & 8 now.

My nephew is 3 1/2 and still rear-faced! I bought him the seat he is using so he could continue to rear-face! He's got at least another 6 months to a year before he will have to forward face.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

MamaBuck09
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Both of mine did the turn around at a year, there's no way they could have stayed with their height. I'm not going to have their legs all bunched up and not comfy when they can be turned around and have more room. But we are always on long drives.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

My daughter was 5 and my son was 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN