Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a hard time getting your kids out of bed in the morning for school!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
And who wakes your kids up?
Usually around what time?
Is it a fight getting them up?
I'm asking bc my 5 year old is a pain to wake up!! She goes to bed early & everything but she just hates waking up!! Anyone else's kids like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifey26
by Krissy on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My DD sets her own alarm then gets up, gets dressed, eats breakfast, then usually watches Netflix or tv until she wakes me up to drive her to school at 730

She has been getting up by her own alarm since she was 8

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM

get her a cool alarm clock?  maybe that will get her excited?

my kids are morning people...they get up right when their alarm clock goes off.  On Friday nights I take it out of their room in hopes that they'll sleep in...no such luck  LOL  the sun always wakes them up  (that's what my five year old says  lol)

we had no problem at DW being there when the park opened..even though they stayed up later than normal- that's how much morning people they are

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
If he's not up by 10am I wake him up. He's usually up between 7-9am. He's 6.
christina0607
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

And who wakes your kids up? My 12 gets up by alarm and then wakes me up. If my 7 and 9yos aren't up yet I poke my head in and get them up.
Usually around what time? I have no idea what time she gets up, whenever she feels she needs to. She gets me up at 7.
Is it a fight getting them up? No, never once have they been difficult. 
I'm asking bc my 5 year old is a pain to wake up!! She goes to bed early & everything but she just hates waking up!! Anyone else's kids like this?

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My 5 year old gets up at 7. I wake her up. We usually don't have problems. My 4 year old, on the other hand, waking her is like waking a sleeping bear.
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

The boys wake up with an alarm clock.  I wake up the girl and help her get ready.

They get up around 6:45.

It's not a fight to get them up.  They all know that if they're not ready by the time it's time to go, they go how they are.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I've been thinking about doing this. Bc she is just a grumpy girl when I wake her up. Drives me insane !!

Quoting Anonymous:

get her a cool alarm clock?  maybe that will get her excited?

my kids are morning people...they get up right when their alarm clock goes off.  On Friday nights I take it out of their room in hopes that they'll sleep in...no such luck  LOL  the sun always wakes them up  (that's what my five year old says  lol)

we had no problem at DW being there when the park opened..even though they stayed up later than normal- that's how much morning people they are

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM

My 6 and 3 year old get up between 6 and 6:30. I wake them up. My 3 year old I just open her door and say food and she is up and happy my 6 year old I open his door turn on the light and the fan off and tell him to get up now and he is up. That is really the most effort I put into it. I can tell when they are sick because they will not get up.

do11face
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Nah, I wake him up a little after 6:30.
No fight. He is 6.

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM

No. My kids are on a schedule. They are in bed by 8:30 at night, and they are awake, usually on their own, at around 7.  Its great for school days...not so much on the weekends, because none of us ever sleep in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN