Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pretty sure my dd's prek is calling social services on me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
And if they do, I'll have someone's job. My youngest dd (that doesn't even go there) has a birthmark on her face. She had a laser treatment last week, so she still has some "bruising" around her eye and on the side of her face. Three days in a row, one of the workers has questioned me about what happened to her face. Today, as I walked by, 3 other workers were standing and watching us go by. Then as I came out the same worker asked me again. I told her that I had already told her twice what happened. She said, well, could you remind me again? I told her the only thing she needed was to mind her own business. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at least if they call on you you have the medical info to back you up. They are required to report suspected abuse regardless if the child attends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, I'm glad they are concerned. You have medical paperwork, should you need it. I'm sorry, on one hand, I don't like that they're pestering you about it, but I'd want them to be diligent if they thought abuse was happening. I'm torn.
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Better safe than sorry. Just because your situation is legit doesn't mean others would be. Just be glad someone cares.
Logan_Bellasmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

this and the lady can not be fired for it because she is required by law to do it and she is protected by the law if she does and its unfounded.

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011:

Well at least if they call on you you have the medical info to back you up. They are required to report suspected abuse regardless if the child attends.

CatFishMom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yeah, I would have said the same thing.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

child care providers are mandated reporters

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

If they call on you, you at least have the medical records to back it up and can send them directly to the doctor.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Mandated reporters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

It sounds as though they're "investigating" and they're not supposed to do that. If you have a suspicion, call. Asking a child questions or interfering with the parent at all can SERIOUSLY screw up court proceedings if it comes to that.

Call the school, reiterate that your daughter is fine and tell the director that the staff need to shove it. Also tell them that in real cases of abuse their "investigation" can ruin a chance for a child to actually get help.

curlycupcake
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
This. It sucks if you have to deal with CPS, but be glad someone cares and is looking out for your children.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

child care providers are mandated reporters

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured