Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For the moms with 4-5 kids or more....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

How many kids do you have & how old are they?

Did you plan on having that many?

What kind of vehicle do you drive?

How many bedrooms do you have?

How do you manage the chaos/stress/etc?

ETA:

I have 4 kids and am about to have my 5th in a couple months. I must admit, the hormones/stress has been getting to me lately and it seems like what little bit of a routine we actually had is out the window. lol. I am just a little nervous about adding this new baby to the mix... but he was planned. I guess it's just last minute jitters. lol. So I basically just wanted to see how other moms in my position do things  : )

And to answer my own questions....

We have 4 kids... ages 5, 7, 2 and 2 (twins) and this baby is due in May. We did not plan on having this many ... this baby is actually the only one that was planned. lol. I drive a mini van and DH drives an SUV. We only have 3 bedrooms right now but we are looking for a 4-5 bedroom house. It's just hard to find in our little town. And as for the stress.... it *usually* doesn't bother me much... I am used to the chaos for the most part. But I think my twins are going through the "terrible twos" and my oldest has ADHD so it's been a little more stressful lately!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM

bump

mommybecky
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM
4 kids. All girls. Ages are 14,7,4,3.

We wanted 3, the last one was a bonus.

We drive a Honda odyssey. We also have an Acura MDX, but we only drive it with one or two kids in it. It's really just extra.

We have 5 bedrooms. Everyone has their own room.

We handle stress and chaos just like anyone else...one day at a time. I am ├╝ber organized. I have 3 ring binders for everything...school papers, permission slips, coupons, manuals, etc. I go through backpacks immediately and the girls do homework as soon as they get home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_cpm
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM

How many kids do you have & how old are they? 4 kids...ages 8, 6, 5, and 1 month

Did you plan on having that many? Yes

What kind of vehicle do you drive? Mini van (we have others but the van is our "family vehicle"

How many bedrooms do you have? 5

How do you manage the chaos/stress/etc? I honestly don't find it to be that stressful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
4 kids one just turned 9 one turns 8 on sat and 2 will be 5 in a week and a half.
I always wanted alot of kids and plan on 1 more.
I drive a mountaineer
5 bedrooms
I just breathe and walk away for a couple mins when i get stressed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I have 5. Twin daughters 13, daughter 11, son 7, and son 3.

I planned to have 6 but gave up at 5 because I wanted #6 to be a girl and there are no guarantees.

I drive a Nissan quest and I love it.

I have 4 bedrooms.

I'm a very laid back person and the chaos doesn't bother me. Everyone has chores to do to keep the house running smoothly. All of my kids are well-behaved (most of the time).
neslonturf
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

8, 7, 6, 4. 

No...I planned on having 6. Bad pregnancies prevented more.

Used Toyota Minivan.

4 Bedrooms...1500 square feet. Old small 50's rambler...I LOVE it. 

I have the most supportive husband on the planet. The ocassional girls' day (really it's just a trip to walmart, or target, but it feels like a vacation) with a fellow Mommy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

bump

Love060708kids
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I have four kids ages 7, 5, 4, 2

I wanted six, husband wanted two, we compromised.

I drive a 2007 Ford Freestyle

4 bedroom

Chaos is handled appropriately, if they have cabin fever, so to speak, we go to the park and play for a few hours, then come home.  Stress, well I'm in school in my senior year of my bachelor's degree, so I usually go for a jog on my treadmill or do some jumping jacks..ha.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Four kids, boy 17, three girls ages 16, 11, and 3.
Only the fourth was planned lol.
I drive a kia sorento with a third row.
The stress isn't really all that much, my husband and are a team so we are fine with it.
* forgot to add that we have a 4 BDRM house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We have 4. No I really did not plan on that many but I got divorced and remarried to my husband who did not have kids so we decided to have 2 of our own. I drive a ford explorer with the 3rd row seat. We have a pretty big 4 bedroom house.

I am a very organized person so here is no time for chaos lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)