Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

did anyone here have to speak to CPS in the hospital?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a long time ago. the hospital asked if i had any history of mental illness and everything and i said yes, anxiety and depression. CPS came and talked to me in the hospital, they said they just do that with everyone who says they have history of mental illness. i understand, just wondering if anyone else had this happen? oh and everything was fine after that. i told her i loved my baby even tho he was a surprise and im very stable now.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hootowl21
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I was 16 and had my DD early so I had a counselor come talk to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope but I don't have a history of mental illness.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a long time ago. the hospital asked if i had any history of mental illness and everything and i said yes, anxiety and depression. CPS came and talked to me in the hospital, they said they just do that with everyone who says they have history of mental illness. i understand, just wondering if anyone else had this happen? oh and everything was fine after that. i told her i loved my baby even tho he was a surprise and im very stable now.

Moe1521
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
They came to visit me in the hospital too. Not sure why though.
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I have but I was the nurse and no I didn't call them.
fraujones
by Mommytron on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No. I have a history of anxiety. 

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

No, but I did have a lady from March of Dimes come and talk to me to make sure I knew they helped lower income mothers with PPD and things like that.

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM

here a social worker will come and ask you privately  about your relationships and if there is any DV going on, they talk about healthy relationships ect

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM

No, but I know people who have, it is pretty standard - like being asked if you are being abused. 

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a history of depression and no one came to talk to me.

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Are you saying during/after the birth only? I have been admitted 3 times in the last year and a social worker see me each time (army hospital) and just let me know they are there if needed, no shame in asking, etc. I think its very nice they do that, although the chaplain is more than enough.

Mine is for mentioning anxiety and frustration over my declining health
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)