Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 9 y/o dd wants to go to the dance with....?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
My dd was 1 when my husband & I got together. We also have a son & he doesn't treat them any different & has always referred to them as "my kids" not "my son & step-daughter"..they call him "dadda". My dd goes to her bio dads every other wknd where she has a little sister who goes to the same school as my dd & son. The school is having a daddy/daughter dance & it falls on my wknd with her.Normally my ex & I will just "switch" days when things like this come up. Last week my dd says "Mamma,do you think dadda would take me to the dance"? I had happy tears in my eyes! Especially after seeing the look on my husbands proud face when I told him! Well,yesterday my ex text me & asked to switch days for the dance. I don't know what to say because I don't want him to get offended & confront her & make her feel bad. She's a very smart & emotional girl & I really try to make things as easy as possibly with her 2 homes. What would you say or do?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Sticky situation but I think your dd should tell her bio dad she would rather go with stepdad. I don't think it would hurt as much and it would teach your dd a lesson
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
8 moms liked this
Now is a great time for the two men to step up and be there for her together. She woukd have a handsome daddy on both arms. It woukd also be a fantastic co-parenting example to the other parents there.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Very sweet she wants your husband to take her.

But she really calls him dadda still?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Horrible position to put a kid in. Wtf.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sticky situation but I think your dd should tell her bio dad she would rather go with stepdad. I don't think it would hurt as much and it would teach your dd a lesson

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but she already has a date.  It would be unacceptable for her to ditch him.

Alejandra10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM
wow very tough situation I would ask your daughter who she wants to go to the dance with if she still decides for your dh than let her tell her daddy
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sweetest_Britt
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Super sweet! She can take both dads!

irvinehiker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Would bio dad, dadda, and dd be able to work out a compromise.  Like each one (BD and Dadda)stays for half the dance.  It is really sweet that she wants your DH to take her and she is the one who asked.

Alejandra10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM
This would be an awesome thing do they get a long

Quoting Anonymous:

Now is a great time for the two men to step up and be there for her together. She woukd have a handsome daddy on both arms. It woukd also be a fantastic co-parenting example to the other parents there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM

this exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured