Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another woman fixing DH lunch?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this

This morning I woke up and checked my FB while DH was using the bathroom and brushing his teeth. Normal routine of us having 5 minutes to ourselves before kids wake up and go off to work and school. Scrolling through my news feed I see that DH's best friend's wife has taking it upon her self to send DH lunch to work with her DH. 

I fix DH lunch every night before bed, pack his lunch box full of goodies that I know he loves. Why the fuck is this woman trying to do my job??

DH didn't ask her to do this, and got aggravated at her as well. That's not her place. I had to resist the urge to go off on her because she is pregnant. 

Maybe she's trying to say thank you for us getting her DH a job and letting him stay with us completely rent free for 3 weeks, but that is not the way to say thank you in my book. The way it looks to everyone on FB is that I'm not taking care of my hubby or that I'm an awful cook. It made me very upset. Would you have been mad too? Or am I over reacting? I didn't say anything to her, but I really wanted to because she has never met my DH, she only talks to him occasionally on FB.

edit to add: If she was making lunch for the entire crew (there are 4-5 men on their crew each day) I would be totally cool with that. She isn't. She is making lunch for my DH solely, tagging him on fb in the post to show everyone single one of our family and friends that she is doing this. That's what bothers me about it, it bothered DH too and he said something to her DH. He's not comfortable with other women doing things for him that are my responsibilty. His exact words were "if I wanted her cooking I'd have asked for it."

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:30 PM
5 moms liked this
I think you're overreacting. Do you seriously need people on Facebook to validate you and your choices as a wife?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

EH. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. Just have your DH tell her DH that he has a lunch. Thank you but no thank you.

Josie_P
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Knowing me, it wouldn't even bother me lol. Our housekeeper makes dh lunch sometimes so yeah haha. She could just be trying to be nice. Your dh could always say "No thank you."

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No, but when I wake up to several of my friend wondering why a complete stranger to us is making my husband's lunch it really bothers me.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I think you're overreacting. Do you seriously need people on Facebook to validate you and your choices as a wife?

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Not cool at all.
Ecomaiden
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I would be irritated by that. She's stepping on your toes for no apparent reason. I would ask DH to say something to her or her DH, if it is really bugging him too.

Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

My MIL makes my DH lunch every day since my DH and FIL work together.  She is probably just trying to be helpful.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

He didn't know either until she had posted the status and tagged him in it. The status had been posted at 3:30 am while both of us were still sleeping.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

EH. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. Just have your DH tell her DH that he has a lunch. Thank you but no thank you.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

At work when his friend gives him the lunch. Just a polite, "My wife makes my lunch but thanks anyway".

Quoting KanPsMommy:

He didn't know either until she had posted the status and tagged him in it. The status had been posted at 3:30 am while both of us were still sleeping.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I honestly don't see the problem.  She's probably just trying to be nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN