Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another woman fixing DH lunch?

Posted by   + Show Post

This morning I woke up and checked my FB while DH was using the bathroom and brushing his teeth. Normal routine of us having 5 minutes to ourselves before kids wake up and go off to work and school. Scrolling through my news feed I see that DH's best friend's wife has taking it upon her self to send DH lunch to work with her DH. 

I fix DH lunch every night before bed, pack his lunch box full of goodies that I know he loves. Why the fuck is this woman trying to do my job??

DH didn't ask her to do this, and got aggravated at her as well. That's not her place. I had to resist the urge to go off on her because she is pregnant. 

Maybe she's trying to say thank you for us getting her DH a job and letting him stay with us completely rent free for 3 weeks, but that is not the way to say thank you in my book. The way it looks to everyone on FB is that I'm not taking care of my hubby or that I'm an awful cook. It made me very upset. Would you have been mad too? Or am I over reacting? I didn't say anything to her, but I really wanted to because she has never met my DH, she only talks to him occasionally on FB.

edit to add: If she was making lunch for the entire crew (there are 4-5 men on their crew each day) I would be totally cool with that. She isn't. She is making lunch for my DH solely, tagging him on fb in the post to show everyone single one of our family and friends that she is doing this. That's what bothers me about it, it bothered DH too and he said something to her DH. He's not comfortable with other women doing things for him that are my responsibilty. His exact words were "if I wanted her cooking I'd have asked for it."

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM
My mil sends my husband lunch everyday. Lol
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I would just take it as a nice gesture. You are blowing this way out of proportion. If it was a regular occurrence, yes, I would say something. I am sure she has heard a lot about your husband through her husband and is just trying to show gratitude for everything you guys have done. 

angeline
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I agree your overreacting ... It would be weird if she was single and/or worked with your DH , and they were private messaging each other.

Just let the lady show her appreciation ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I think you are overreacting.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Yeah that would piss me off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BazingaMama
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I would be pissed and I would have said something to her.  Whether she was trying to be helpful or not, it's not her place.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I think you are viewing it the way you are
It doesnt mean you are not taking care of him
She being nice
I wouldve said thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

But that's his MOM, she's family. This one has no blood relation and has never met him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My mil sends my husband lunch everyday. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM

ungrateful much? jeez, she is just showing appreciation.

angeline
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Oh and there are a couple of older ladies who my DF's works with who like to make lunch for my DF (and other workers there) .. Sometimes I'll pack him a nice lunch and he'll come home with the whole thing intact becuase the moms at work fed him lol I don't mind, because its harmless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN