Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another woman fixing DH lunch?

Posted by   + Show Post

This morning I woke up and checked my FB while DH was using the bathroom and brushing his teeth. Normal routine of us having 5 minutes to ourselves before kids wake up and go off to work and school. Scrolling through my news feed I see that DH's best friend's wife has taking it upon her self to send DH lunch to work with her DH. 

I fix DH lunch every night before bed, pack his lunch box full of goodies that I know he loves. Why the fuck is this woman trying to do my job??

DH didn't ask her to do this, and got aggravated at her as well. That's not her place. I had to resist the urge to go off on her because she is pregnant. 

Maybe she's trying to say thank you for us getting her DH a job and letting him stay with us completely rent free for 3 weeks, but that is not the way to say thank you in my book. The way it looks to everyone on FB is that I'm not taking care of my hubby or that I'm an awful cook. It made me very upset. Would you have been mad too? Or am I over reacting? I didn't say anything to her, but I really wanted to because she has never met my DH, she only talks to him occasionally on FB.

edit to add: If she was making lunch for the entire crew (there are 4-5 men on their crew each day) I would be totally cool with that. She isn't. She is making lunch for my DH solely, tagging him on fb in the post to show everyone single one of our family and friends that she is doing this. That's what bothers me about it, it bothered DH too and he said something to her DH. He's not comfortable with other women doing things for him that are my responsibilty. His exact words were "if I wanted her cooking I'd have asked for it."

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Holy shit you are over reacting. My SO is in a union and I make his union brothers lunches ad banana but walnut bread all of the time...they appreciate the little extra I do... However, you sound like one of my SOs co-workers wife...she got pissed I made treats for everyone...I wasn't trying to move in on anyone's territory. I was mearly being generous as everyone really likes my baking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Your insecure is showing. Grow up.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I think your over reacting. One of the wives of my husband's workmate makes his lunch occasionally and I make her husband food sometimes. It's no big deal and it doesn't reflect badly on the other wife. 

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

seriously, it's a lunch.  It's not like she's giving them tandem hand jobs.

chill out and thank her for being kind.

KanPsMommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

If she was doing this for everyone I would have absolutely no problem with that. She isn't she's making lunch specifically for my DH.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy shit you are over reacting. My SO is in a union and I make his union brothers lunches ad banana but walnut bread all of the time...they appreciate the little extra I do... However, you sound like one of my SOs co-workers wife...she got pissed I made treats for everyone...I wasn't trying to move in on anyone's territory. I was mearly being generous as everyone really likes my baking.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You are way overreacting!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
My husband is only home on the weekends. During the week, sometimes his friend's mother makes him homemade, authentic tamales, enchiladas, etc and sends it with her son (his mom is elderly and lives with him and his family) for my husband. I don't mind and since my husband is Latino, he loves the food.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

This morning I woke up and checked my FB while DH was using the bathroom and brushing his teeth. Normal routine of us having 5 minutes to ourselves before kids wake up and go off to work and school. Scrolling through my news feed I see that DH's best friend's wife has taking it upon her self to send DH lunch to work with her DH. 

I fix DH lunch every night before bed, pack his lunch box full of goodies that I know he loves. Why the fuck is this woman trying to do my job??

DH didn't ask her to do this, and got aggravated at her as well. That's not her place. I had to resist the urge to go off on her because she is pregnant. 

Maybe she's trying to say thank you for us getting her DH a job and letting him stay with us completely rent free for 3 weeks, but that is not the way to say thank you in my book. The way it looks to everyone on FB is that I'm not taking care of my hubby or that I'm an awful cook. It made me very upset. Would you have been mad too? Or am I over reacting? I didn't say anything to her, but I really wanted to because she has never met my DH, she only talks to him occasionally on FB.

andrealeeanne
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Honestly I do think that's kind of weird of her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I send in baked goods to my husband's work quite often. I'm friends with most of the wives and none have a problem with it.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I would not like that at all.    but dh brings extras for his boss because he is married to a lawyer who cannot cook well.   so i would understand you seeing that as a judgement of your cooking.    boss' wife is blissfully unaware that my dh brings him lunch.    and its only random when we have lots of something i cooked for dinner that is left over and was really good ( so its kinda rare.)  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)