Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Another woman fixing DH lunch?

Posted by   + Show Post

This morning I woke up and checked my FB while DH was using the bathroom and brushing his teeth. Normal routine of us having 5 minutes to ourselves before kids wake up and go off to work and school. Scrolling through my news feed I see that DH's best friend's wife has taking it upon her self to send DH lunch to work with her DH. 

I fix DH lunch every night before bed, pack his lunch box full of goodies that I know he loves. Why the fuck is this woman trying to do my job??

DH didn't ask her to do this, and got aggravated at her as well. That's not her place. I had to resist the urge to go off on her because she is pregnant. 

Maybe she's trying to say thank you for us getting her DH a job and letting him stay with us completely rent free for 3 weeks, but that is not the way to say thank you in my book. The way it looks to everyone on FB is that I'm not taking care of my hubby or that I'm an awful cook. It made me very upset. Would you have been mad too? Or am I over reacting? I didn't say anything to her, but I really wanted to because she has never met my DH, she only talks to him occasionally on FB.

edit to add: If she was making lunch for the entire crew (there are 4-5 men on their crew each day) I would be totally cool with that. She isn't. She is making lunch for my DH solely, tagging him on fb in the post to show everyone single one of our family and friends that she is doing this. That's what bothers me about it, it bothered DH too and he said something to her DH. He's not comfortable with other women doing things for him that are my responsibilty. His exact words were "if I wanted her cooking I'd have asked for it."

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think it's a nice gesture. You said so yourself that you and your DH has helped her husband out tremendously with his job. I think you are overreacting.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Get over it she was being nice:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I make my dh lunch everyday but if a woman he works with or the wife of a man he works with wants to pack/buy him lunch whatever. My marriage isnt based on work lunches
BrookPayton
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM
DH & I would feel the same way. I understand she most likely is tryig to say thank you. I would probably do something similar if I were in her spot. The only difference, I would have asked you first! I also wouldn't have made something for just him at work, I would've called and asked if I could make BOTH of you dinner or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsFlores_2006
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Pregnant or not i would have said something like... hey dont worry your self over that, i packed him great lunch just like i always do

it would have pist me off too

emerald.forest
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
That would piss me off too. Why is your husband and this woman talking occasionally on Facebook? I wouldn't be comfortable with that either. This would rub me the wrong way.
mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Free food is free food in my book... Course, I've never been the type to make my man a lunch. O.o
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Really? It's not like she's packing her pussy and force feeding him lunchbox o twat. I've fixed dinner and lunches for many if my husbands coworkers. It's just something we do to take care of each other when they're traveling. His coworkers wives have also made him dinner and sent lunch for him. Get over yourself.

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I'd love for someone to make my DH lunch...if I had a DH. I always hated having to pack my exs lunch.
StarburstKisses
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Now that I found weird. Why was she on FB, posting about that and tagging his name on it at that time? Really? I'm not dogging your DH I just think the woman is a little odd.

editing to add that it would have pissed me off as well. I'd let her know that you make him a great lunch as it is. A thank you but no.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

He didn't know either until she had posted the status and tagged him in it. The status had been posted at 3:30 am while both of us were still sleeping.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

EH. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing. Just have your DH tell her DH that he has a lunch. Thank you but no thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN