Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who were your ancestors?

Posted by   + Show Post

My ancestors were Nazis on my father's side.  On my mother's side they were English peasants.  I take after my dad's side in almost everything from personality to physical appearance.  I'm not a Nazi though, and I'm certainly not racist (anymore). 

One of my favorite memories is when I was in 3rd grade I had a black "boyfriend" and he came home with me one day on the bus.  My parents were freaked!  So who are your ancestors?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Welsh, British, and French here.

LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Maternal - German, English, French, Scottish, Irish & Swiss.

Paternal - German & Danish.

**DH is German, Italian & Cherokee**
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le

Dad: German, Irish and Dutch

Mom: German, English and a little Irish maybe. 

Idk any specifics about either side.

cristina1122
Moms side is German and English, dads side is mostly Scottish with some English in there too. I think SO is English and polish, but Im not for sure on that
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Both sides come from what is now the Ukraine. Many of my relatives died due to your ancestors (Nazis.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My great great aunt was a tribal princess for the Blackfoot Indians in Oregon. The rest of me is a mix of English and German (and my sperm donor father had a trailer-trash ethnicity lol)

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM

All I know is that my last name was originally German, but "Americanized" at Ellis Island. So at least one of my ancestors was from Germany. And I know that a few generations back, my Gramma's family were Bohemians from Czechoslovakia. And judging by the super light skin, freckles and red hair that runs in my family, I'm guessing there are some Irish genes. And probably some English.

Josie_P
by Josie on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My father was born and raised in Sweden before immigrating to New Zealand. My grandmother was Danish and my grandfather was Swedish. I was actually named after a Danish princess (well, one of my middle names lol). My mother's side is Maori. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I can trace my heritage back to Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots as well as Sam Huston on my dad's side

My mom's side is native American and Spanish I am some how related to Queens Isabella but a distant type cousin or something.

Hit anon by mistake haunted.mommy

Moe1521
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Moms side: German
Dads side: a few Native American tribes....

I'm a Heinz 57 lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured