Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who were your ancestors?

Posted by   + Show Post

My ancestors were Nazis on my father's side.  On my mother's side they were English peasants.  I take after my dad's side in almost everything from personality to physical appearance.  I'm not a Nazi though, and I'm certainly not racist (anymore). 

One of my favorite memories is when I was in 3rd grade I had a black "boyfriend" and he came home with me one day on the bus.  My parents were freaked!  So who are your ancestors?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (21-30):
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM

French Immigrants.

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Moms side straight off the boat from Italy. We have birth certificates,marriage licences,and the ledger from when they signed them in ellis island. Its really neat. My oldest daughter did a immigration report and got an a plus. My dads side I know we r polish then there was a little confusion if we r Austrian or ukranian. I would love to learn more about that side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM
They did this with our italian last name too. Boo to them!

Quoting nerdymom28:

All I know is that my last name was originally German, but "Americanized" at Ellis Island. So at least one of my ancestors was from Germany. And I know that a few generations back, my Gramma's family were Bohemians from Czechoslovakia. And judging by the super light skin, freckles and red hair that runs in my family, I'm guessing there are some Irish genes. And probably some English.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Norwegians and Scottish. My great great something great grandfather was Ethan Allen.

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Mother's side, all Sicilian from Palermo. My great grandmother and her brothers left when they were young due to her father's involvement in the Sicilian mafia.

Father's side is a mixed bag. His father was from Poland, he lost a great aunt and a cousin in a WWII labor camp. His mother was from England and met his father when he was in London helping re-build after WWII. They were married and had my dad, emigrated from England to the U.S. when my father was 10.

prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
my Dad's side is mostly Swedish and on my Mom's side we are related to S. Fawks. He was hanged for trying to blow up the House of Parlament in England.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I have some Irish immigrants on one side, then the further back you go, I've alot of English royalty, Scottish royalty...
IhartU
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM

England, France, Holland and Germany. My first ancestor came to America from England in 1670.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM

On my father's side, my ancestors were also Nazi's. My grandfather moved to America at the end of WW2, my father was the first born in America on that side. And, for those who know me, and roughly how old I am, yes, my father was an old bugger. He died last week at the age of 70 something.

On my mother's side, I'm mostly Irish, Scottish, and English. Her family immigrated in the early 1700's. On her side, I have relatives who have fought in every American war from the Revolution until Desert Storm.

MaddieKate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Not sure about everything.
I know we have Welch royality on my dads side and my mom's great(maybe great great) grandmother was an idian chiefs daughter.

I also know that my family is part of the Frank Phillips line. He's the one who married Nancy McCoy (ya know of Hatfields-McCoy legacy).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)