Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who were your ancestors?

Posted by   + Show Post

My ancestors were Nazis on my father's side.  On my mother's side they were English peasants.  I take after my dad's side in almost everything from personality to physical appearance.  I'm not a Nazi though, and I'm certainly not racist (anymore). 

One of my favorite memories is when I was in 3rd grade I had a black "boyfriend" and he came home with me one day on the bus.  My parents were freaked!  So who are your ancestors?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I have a Fawkes mask for when I counter protest WBC!  Many people see him as a hero

Quoting prettymomma1204:

my Dad's side is mostly Swedish and on my Mom's side we are related to S. Fawks. He was hanged for trying to blow up the House of Parlament in England.

o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Spanish Basque on my dad's side, Irish and German on my moms. Nothing too interesting, although my great great great grandfathers fought against each other in the civil war (give or take a great or two.)

calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I can trace my heritage back to Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots as well as Sam Huston on my dad's side

My mom's side is native American and Spanish I am some how related to Queens Isabella but a distant type cousin or something.

Hit anon by mistake haunted.mommy

I have researched our family back to Robert the Bruce as well! Hi cuz!!
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I really don't know. I would love to know what ancestry I am.

504bbymami
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Cajuns and Creoles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gma12.1
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

On my Dad's side, his father's parents were German immigrants, his mother's side Irish immigrant's & 1st generation Americans. So Dad was 2nd gen German & 3rd gen Irish.  Mom's side was a real mix. Mom's mom was 100% Dutch that had migrated from Pennsylvania to the midwest, Mom's Dad was French & English. On Mom's side I am not sure how long any were here. There were stories that the French in my family was from the French/ Indian fur traders from the Great Lakes area of the midwest. (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois)

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I wish I knew more about my ancestors. I know we came from Ireland and Germany. My great grandfather was Cherokee. . .other than that I don't know that much. I guess my great grandfather on my father's side invented some tools or something but I don't know what. I need to start digging into it. My aunt was working on it but passed away before she finished.

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Sally hemmings down the line.
East Indian on my father's side and black, German and Cherokee on my moms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM

no idea, but i would like to know. wonder how i would find out? hmmmm..

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM

My mom's side Swedish my dad's side Czechoslovakia. I got my mom's pale skin and my dad's dark hair and eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured