Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who were your ancestors?

Posted by   + Show Post

My ancestors were Nazis on my father's side.  On my mother's side they were English peasants.  I take after my dad's side in almost everything from personality to physical appearance.  I'm not a Nazi though, and I'm certainly not racist (anymore). 

One of my favorite memories is when I was in 3rd grade I had a black "boyfriend" and he came home with me one day on the bus.  My parents were freaked!  So who are your ancestors?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Oh & according to my grandma we are related to Jesse James but. . .she tends to overexaggerate so I have NO idea how much truth is to that.

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Irish on my dad's side (immigrated during the potato famine, grandpa's one of eleven, Catholic, two aunts who were nuns...how's that for stereotypical?)

Irish and Scottish on my mom's side (all the last names on her side start with Mc or Mac)

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
On my fathers side we was a a few civil war sholdiers. One had his time in the army published in a Virginia paper he then was later killed in DC by getting run over by an ambulance. On my moms said its Irish immigrants and Slovakian immigrants.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My dad emigrated from Italy (Sicily to be exact) when he was a grown man with his parents and siblings, so I've got a bunch of Sicilians on that side.

His father was a POW during WWII held in New York and he had such wonderful things to say about the Americans who captured/guarded him that he vowed to move his family to the US someday. My father and his brothers were about the be drafted into the Italian military so my grandfather made haste and they all moved over here. That was in the 70's.

Some ancestors on my mother's side came over on the mayflower and the others shortly thereafter. A lot of English, Irish, Swiss, French, and German on that side. Amelia Earnhardt and the Wright brothers are ancestors of mine according to my grandmother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

This is my great great grandpa Ben in Bohemia which is a city in the Czech republic

T1DKyMom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Yea, German nazis.

Quoting CaileighsMom608:

When you say Nazi do you mean GERMAN??????

Quoting T1DKyMom:

My ancestors were Nazis on my father's side.  On my mother's side they were English peasants.  I take after my dad's side in almost everything from personality to physical appearance.  I'm not a Nazi though, and I'm certainly not racist (anymore). 

One of my favorite memories is when I was in 3rd grade I had a black "boyfriend" and he came home with me one day on the bus.  My parents were freaked!  So who are your ancestors?

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

mothers side irish. fathers side England.... on both majority have been in canada for at least 2 generations...

AleaKat
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Two brothers - French who were priests. Came over and settled in southern Louisiana.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My grandfather's brother (my great uncle) was a novelist.

My mom's great grandfather was Viceroy of Mexico. 

mhaney03
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Johann Adam Materne is my 6th great grandfather, he was among the first to settle the German Coast (new orleans) known today as Des Allemands.  The name was "americanized" to Matherne.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)