Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOMS of 2-6 yrs! what are your house rules and chores for them**~**

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 43 Replies
I am making charts for my kids who are 6,5,4&2(almost 3). What rules do you have set for your kids to follow and what chores do they have. Please include the age of your kids:) I'm looking for ideas! Thanks ladies:-D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:55 PM

My 6yr old-  Puts a trash bag in the trash can when it needs one, puts away her own clothes, helps me load the dishwasher, takes the dishes to the sink after meals

My 2yr old- Helps put her own clothes away, helps me unload the dishwasher, carries the silverware to the sink after meals

My 19month old doesn't do much other than help pick up her own toys and throws her diapers in the trash.

They are all responsible for picking up toys.

Spoiled_Blonde
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Well my ds is 6. They have one chore a day during the week, takes them about 15 mins to complete. So one day is 1.sweep entry way floor 2.pick up all items that are around the house 3.clean and vacuum room 4.clean bathroom counter and wipe with Clorox wipes. As far as rules, no running, hitting, standing/jumping on the furniture. There are more but I can't think of them all. Lol
MamaBuck09
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM
My 3 yr old has to help me pick up toys, her sister even helps and she is 2. She knows not to run in the house, no hitting kicking, or biting. When we get dressed I tell her to put dirty clothes in the basket. And when it's bed to time they have to lay down and go to sleep if they get up to play they get a bad mark on their chart. they have to have four good marks to go to the park or something fun on the weekends
lilmomma232010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

my kids pick up after themselves

keep their room clean

put thier dishes in the sink

put their dirty clothes in the clothes basket

Billsbabygirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
My cleaning day is Monday the kids have cleaning chores then thir ages are dd -6 and ds -10

Dd

Clean room

Make bed

Mop kitchen floor (swiffer)

Clean their bathroom sink and Toliet.

Pick up shoes in foyer
Put away laundry

Ds

Clean room

Empty dishwasher

Clean their shower and bathroom floor

Sweep front and back porch

Run vacuum
Put away laundry

Every day their rooms are picked up and they feed and water outside cats and dog. Also check for chicken eggs.

I forgot house rules. No running and quiet time starts at 7:30 pm.
jeramiahsmom808
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM
4, almost 5
He sets the table, puts his dishes in the sink, puts his dirty laundry in the hamper, and whatever else I ask him to do. Sometimea he likes to help serve dinner
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM

he turned 4 today and his chores really only involve his clothes/toys. If they're in the living room they get put away in his room, if they're on his bedroom floor they get hung up or put in a dirty clothes basket. Everything else I can handle without help, I have a blocked entry to my kitchen so that's not an option anyway

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM

5 yo ds make his bed, put dirty laundry in the hamper, bring laundry down when time and then help load the laundry (only his own of course), then he folds his own clothes and puts them all away. he also must put his dirty dishes in the sink, clear his place at the table, help me load/unload dishwasher, feed the dog (with supervision), put her bowls away. and of course clean his playroom and any toys that are in the living room when he is done playing, clean the sink after he brushes his teeth and washes his hand (tends to get water EVERYWHERE lol) and yea thats pretty much it.

KitKatLoL
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Ds is 2 (almost...).  His only real "rule" is that he isn't supposed to go into the kitchen.  His chores are picking up his toys and dirty clothes.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My (almost) 5 year old has to feed the dog, clean his room, and twice a day clean up any toys on the floor. While I'm cleaning, if he's home, he gets little chores to do too..putting shoes away that were left out, throwing all the dirty clothes down the stairs, and emptying the dishwasher (except knives). My almost 2 year old has no set chores but he has to help clean up toys too and sometimes he'll help me with laundry or putting dishes away (he's more of a pain than a help though lol).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured