Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Damn medical bills. Is there ever an end !? Edit added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Yep we have medical insurance through dh's work. But with co pays and the percentage the insurance doesn't cover we always have money going out on medical.

i just finished paying off the hospital bill and then 2 days later get another bill for some medical tests that were done. So here we go again. Just got a final notice that if I don't pay the dr bill it will be turned into collections and I won't be able to see my dr until its all paid.

i really hate going to the dr. I need to go now I have been suffering from acid reflux and its just getting worse but I really don't have the money for the co pay until I get these other medical bills paid for.

now I see why people rave about having medical from the state. No co pays, no dr bills etc...

THIS SUCKS

EDIT

this is me venting. I'm just irritated.  We do not qualify for any assistance. Our insurance is good and I'm glad we have it. Just tired of paying off one bill and in comes another.

i had dh pick up some of the medication that was suggested, I will see how that works out for me.

yes I can afford the $25 do pay and I do call the hospital and make payment arrangements. I pay $65 a month for them.

once again I was just venting. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions for meds.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM

There is if you move to canada :P

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Yup. Don't forget co pays from medicine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM

What are your percentages? Do you have a choice of plans?

Sarafinn2012
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I know how you feel. I hate how our insurance doesn't cover it all. After copays, and premiums we still end up with some kind of bill. Even if it's $20 they gotta make sure to charge us something. As for your acid reflux, have you tried zantac or prilosec? I have to take zantac every day, twice a day. It helps though. I have found it the cheapest at Walmart over the counter, in walmarts brand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Get omeprazole over the counter.  I take one every other day because I have terrible stomach acid issues because of my arthritis and the long term use of NSAID (Advil).

It's worth and try and more than likely unless you have a serious issue, that's what the doctor is going to tell you to try in the first place.

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Preaching to the choir... Unfortunately we can't put it off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Oh yeah how can I forget the stupid co pays for the meds.  That too. Add that to my rant and vent LOL

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Yup. Don't forget co pays from medicine

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Dh heard that there is a lot of double billing in the medical industry, so go back through and make sure you didn't get charged twice for anything. ((hugs))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Oh ok I will give that a try. I do take a maximum strength acid reducer a couple of times a day but that doesn't help.

THANKS

Quoting Anonymous:

Get omeprazole over the counter.  I take one every other day because I have terrible stomach acid issues because of my arthritis and the long term use of NSAID (Advil).

It's worth and try and more than likely unless you have a serious issue, that's what the doctor is going to tell you to try in the first place.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Why do you need a dr for that? Just get some prilosec for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN