Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS just left (had to make a new post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
1 mom liked this
I posted earlier about being called by CPS about some reports that were made but I had to make a new post because there were 200+ replies to the other one and I couldnt keep up!

This is bad. This is very very bad and I am so scared. She said that someone had reported that there was domestic violence (there has been ONE incident and it was not punching each other or anything like that!) and that I'd had bruises all over me (I didnt have a single bruise). They also said that the person had said I breastfed my son while on pain medication for my wisdom teeth being removed (I fed him formula that entire time and told her that and so did my SO and we showed her the can of formula and the bottles). She said the person reported that I also drink alcohol and then feed the baby! The person reported that we are abusive to the baby and that my SO neglects him while watching him! (umm do you see a single mark on my child? Does he look underweight to you? Does he look scared or skittish? He was smiling and laughing the whole time!) AND that she should bring an officer with her because I am an extremely violent person and may hurt her!! (I have never been in a single fight in my life and if they said that WHY dont you have a cop with you?!)

I did not tell her that my SO and I have had 1 altercation because I assume she'd then just think we ARE extremely violent/abusive and that all the rest of the completely untrue allegations were correct. I gave her multiple numbers to family and friends to call and confirm our story. She said that if anyone says anything suspocious they will open a full fledged investigation (I know no one will because everyone has seen us with this baby and how happy he always is!) but my only concern is that she is going to call my sons bio father who has never had anything to do with this baby and who hates me and he might take it upon himself to make up whatever he wishes just to fuck with me. Whoever reported it could also have 1 thing I said to them about the physical altercation and then we will be totally fucked! She refused to tell me who made the report but said she "knew this person and it isnt someone who would just be making things up" Umm WHY ARE YOU OUR CASE WORKER IF YOU KNOW THE PERSON WHO MADE A BUNCH OF FALSE REPORTS?? NOW SHE IS BIASED!

She said that if everyone says we are great parents and have never been violent the case will be dropped but if 1 person (MY EX!) says anything even remotely suspicions we're going to be investigated.

She didnt look in our fridge or any part of the apartment except to see the babies crib! I had to force her to come look at the cabinet full of baby food! Then I stupidly told her we are transitioning our son to the crib because we were co-sleeping (I didnt think I would get in trouble for co-sleeping when so many people do it!) and she said she would be reporting that to her supervisor because they dont "allow" parents to co-sleep. My response was "Well he has been sleeping in his crib for 3 weeks now and when we were co-sleeping we used only 1 thin blanket and he was between us for safety reasons"

I know we're fucked from the 1 altercation we had. I dont need anyone being mean to me, I have been balling since she left. If they take my baby I will never get over it. We have never abused him :( We love him more than anything in this world.

This is just destroying me :'( I dont know how I could go on without my beautiful baby boy! I am just balling my eyes out :(
(I am trying to get to everyones replies but my son is still up so its difficult. I will get to them all ASAP)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM
11 moms liked this
You will be okay. Your baby is happy and healthy, they need proof. They cannot just come take him from you.
*Hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
So what's going to happen?
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh honey! The CAN worker is just shaking you up. You will probably get a letter saying it was not substantiated.

Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM
They need proof mama. Do not worry so much.
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
34 moms liked this
Report her to her supervisor. If she knows the person who reported you personally then she shouldn't be on your case. Request to have another caseworker, and you should always tell the truth cause if they catch you in a lie then yes that would be cause for removing a child. I hope it goes well for you all.

And also co sleeping isn't illegal and you should mention your whole conversation with her supervisor. It doesn't sound to me like she is really all that upstanding and you need to report her... and always, always be truthful. The evidence will prove the truth anyways, and couples have arguments so they will understand that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I told someone about the physical altercation :( Someone I trusted! She could have printed it out. That proof :(

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

You will be okay. Your baby is happy and healthy, they need proof. They cannot just come take him from you.

*Hugs*

SamsMomSays
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
They have to realize your ex is biased. Wouldnt worry about him too much. Good luck.
wyattsmom2009
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
3 moms liked this

They have no say about co-sleeping.  And if I were you I would call her supervisor and ask why this person is the one investigating if she knows the person who made the complaint. That is a conflict of interest.

kzuehlk
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:04 PM
6 moms liked this
I hate that they say they don't allow cosleeping. No one is going to tell me what I can and can't do with MY child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM
9 moms liked this

Get a lawyer!!  If your case worker gets a bug up her ass, she will make your life hell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)