Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so sick of me and DH being ignored in his family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

It's like anytime something happens to us, something happens with his parents or one of his siblings and seems to make us irrelevant.

A week before our wedding, BIL's wife left him. While I understand he needed his family, DH's parents dropped everything for the wedding. MIL didn't come to my bridal shower without even telling me and she was supposed to do the games, my sister had to throw stuff together last minute. Then the day before the rehearsal dinner, she told me they weren't throwing it (as they had offered to) and they weren't going to coming so we had to do a second rehearsal the morning of the wedding and my mom had to throw together something for the rehearsal dinner.

BIL understandable didn't come to the wedding but everyone did nothing but talk about him at the wedding and half of DH's family left early because they were all worried about BIL, who as it turns out, was out with friends.

When we got pregnant with our first child, SIL was pregnant with her first too but miscarried and from then on out, we weren't invited to anything, no one's birthdays, not Thanksgiving, not Christmas because seeing me pregnant would upset SIL. Now, I am due any day now and no one on DH's side is even excited about the baby or came to my shower or anything because apparently, SIL (the one who miscarried at the beginning of my pregnancy) can't have a child

The worst part is seeing how this upsets DH, he really wants his family to be interseted in our lives but it just seems like someone else is always more important then us.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM

That is just awful......

Derpy
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Wow im sorry.
Kinda sounds like my family.I dont really know what to say but I really feel for you,hun. 

"Life,which you so nobly serve,comes from destructiopn,disorder and choas" -Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
You cant force them to be interested. Sorry. Don't let them get to you...they obviously are not wasting time thinking about you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Sorry to hear that.I suggest some counseling so he can move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Good riddance, imho.

If they don't want to be involved, don't let them be. If this weighs very heavily on you DH, he should talk to them about it.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I bet this is nothing at all new for his family and he's dealt with this his whole life. You can't choose your biology, but you can choose your family. Stop expecting things from these people that you know don't care, and spend more time with the people that show you they do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

hubby's family does that with him too  i knew they would before we moved back to his hometown now we're moving because theres no work for me here we havent seen his mom in yrs but now my 3 yr old is big enough to say what she wants and is therfore too big to ignore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured