Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't pay the bill, so they turned it off

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My heat is off and it's like 20 degrees out. My DD is 2 years old. She needs to be warm.

So, I have my oven set to 500 and left open. I am hoping it'll warm up the house. Is this a bad idea? How much electricity does that use? I can't really afford too much.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (161-170):
Fairywings1223
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM

She might heat with propane and they will put a lock on the tank for non payment.

furbabymum

Well there is your problem. Sell the car!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a tv, phone, or internet bill. Like I said, my phone is paid by my employer. So, what shoiuld I have skipped? It's either electric, gas, food, car payment, insurance, water, rent... sometimes you have to choose.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have NEVER heard of carbon monoxide before? How old are you? Plus, the fact that you said you decided to just skip your heat bill...any normal, smart person would skip their tv/phone/internet or something else besides their heat bill in the middle of winter. That's why I think you're a troll. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a troll because I don't know wtf carbon monoxise is? I bet you lots of people don't know wtf that is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to come in here and defend you but, now I realize you're a troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

WTF is that??????

Quoting Anonymous:

Carbon Monoxide.

FooLynRoo

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Me either, lots of sad memories associated with that smell, but my mother did what she could.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting FooLynRoo:

I didn't have heat or power growing up it wasn't neglect it was poverty.

We used kerosene heaters

OH GOD! I hated those. I still can't stand the smell of kerosene or white gas to this day!

Yeah.  I only know them because of my dad's sheet metal shop but I do know some people use them in the house.

When we lived with momma, we never had heat. Buying kerosene would have cut in on her partying, so we did not even have kerosene heaters and sometimes no electricity.

Now I can honestly say that for what she had been through in her lifetime, she did the best she could....I could not say that a year ago or even 6 months ago.

hugging

You're a good person!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM
I know. It sucked to get up and get ready for stuff and everything is frozen

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Or have a well and when it is cold as hell outside the pipes freeze if you don't leave water running. Shit when out lights went out everything but our gas stove did. We lived with that on

Quoting Anonymous:

I was the same way when people didn't understand that when people had wells and they lose their electricity they also lose water, which in turn means you can't flush your toilet. Lol!

Different post though

Quoting laranadtony:

I am over here rolling at the moms that don't know what gas heat is or that an oven can be electric! LMAO! Oh God! I am going to give myself an aneurysm.

Those damned pumps will freeze too. The newer ones might not...

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

This is what you do.  You call one or two of your bill holders and say "Hey, I may be late paying the bill, is there a way I can pay a little now and a little more later?"  Most likely they will work with you.  If you don't call at all, they turn it off.  You don't get to just use their services, not pay, and expect them to keep it running for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a tv, phone, or internet bill. Like I said, my phone is paid by my employer. So, what shoiuld I have skipped? It's either electric, gas, food, car payment, insurance, water, rent... sometimes you have to choose.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have NEVER heard of carbon monoxide before? How old are you? Plus, the fact that you said you decided to just skip your heat bill...any normal, smart person would skip their tv/phone/internet or something else besides their heat bill in the middle of winter. That's why I think you're a troll. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a troll because I don't know wtf carbon monoxise is? I bet you lots of people don't know wtf that is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was going to come in here and defend you but, now I realize you're a troll.

Quoting Anonymous:

WTF is that??????

Quoting Anonymous:

Carbon Monoxide.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

A-freaking-men on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think op is a troll, but that isn't neglect. There ate a lot of people that have fallen on hard times. Good goddess the lack of compassion on this site is fucking sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you do. You didnt pay a bill so now you have no heat. Its called neglect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not abusing my child. I just couldn't pay the bill. I do not deserve to have CPS on me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope CPS is called on you. Pay your bills. And yes its dangerous to do what you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

My heat is off and it's like 20 degrees out. My DD is 2 years old. She needs to be warm.

So, I have my oven set to 500 and left open. I am hoping it'll warm up the house. Is this a bad idea? How much electricity does that use? I can't really afford too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

What state are you in?

shudderette
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Yeah... ummm no. Get yourself a space heater or get out of there. Go to a friend's or even a store if you have to. The library? Any public place will be heated and plenty comfortable for you. I mean, not as comfortable as at home but you can't stay there with it being so cold. 

If you can't afford to live on your own you need to move or find a roommate or something. 

livingforthem83
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM
We had no central air or heat growing up and we used the stove to warm us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
It's so sad. There is a difference between disagreements and just being an ass.

Quoting MicheleJM:

A-freaking-men on that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think op is a troll, but that isn't neglect. There ate a lot of people that have fallen on hard times. Good goddess the lack of compassion on this site is fucking sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes you do. You didnt pay a bill so now you have no heat. Its called neglect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not abusing my child. I just couldn't pay the bill. I do not deserve to have CPS on me.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope CPS is called on you. Pay your bills. And yes its dangerous to do what you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN