Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't pay the bill, so they turned it off

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My heat is off and it's like 20 degrees out. My DD is 2 years old. She needs to be warm.

So, I have my oven set to 500 and left open. I am hoping it'll warm up the house. Is this a bad idea? How much electricity does that use? I can't really afford too much.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Replies (191-200):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:08 PM

So you paid your insurance before your electric bill? What kind a mother are you? You allowed your heat to be shut of knowing you have a child to care for!!! That line, well sometimes you have to pick is lame. I would have paid heat before I paid my car insurance! I would NEVER EVER allow my family to set in the cold like that!

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM
In some states they cant turn you off between certain months. October to April? Not sure. Apply for energy assistance. The deadline is next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsnseptember
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Go pay the bill......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:10 PM

People who speak like you show how ignorant they are.

Where I live they will shut it off, doesn't matter if it is winter & we get cold!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, the rest are temperature based fuckface. If it's twenty degrees they aren't going to turn it off. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you even read what you typed?

LMAO, key word that you even put in there MOST states, not ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha. Troll. They can't turn off a utility related to your heat source between November and March in most states. 

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Hope you have a working carbon monoxide detector.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garnet83
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Seems to me the obvious solution would be to pay the bill and get it turned back on. So you paid for internet but not heat???? Interesting what people's priorities are.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I think that is what she is doing.

Quoting nicolemead91:

And ur using the Internet right now instead of finding a way to warm ur child!??? Wtf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

what state? 

Quoting Anonymous:

People who speak like you show how ignorant they are.

Where I live they will shut it off, doesn't matter if it is winter & we get cold!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, the rest are temperature based fuckface. If it's twenty degrees they aren't going to turn it off. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you even read what you typed?

LMAO, key word that you even put in there MOST states, not ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha. Troll. They can't turn off a utility related to your heat source between November and March in most states. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
You know they still have gas stoves right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait....You said they turn your electric "OFF", but then you say you have your oven set at 500, how much ELCTRIC does that use? I call troll! A very lame one at that!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Maybe you should talk to the company and see if you can do a payment plan. Or ask a local charity to help you. Leaving your oven open like that is unsafe, especially with a 2 year old wandering around, and does use a lot of power. Have you tried an electric blanket or a hot water bottle?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)