Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cs question for those owed back support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I am considering using a private cs enforcement agency to collect.
My ex is currently over 10k behind (1yr) he also has a bench warrant. I am at my wits end. Has anyone used a private agency? Did you get results? Would you recommend them?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Bump in hopes you get answers :(

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Do you know his social security number? You could file to take his taxes (if he hasn't filed yet), as long as you know his social.

just_hc
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Holding my spot to review the replies.  Mine owes me $18,000+ and all they did was order him to pay me $1000 by May or go to jail.  $1,000 dollars...what a joke.  No wonder he doesn't pay.  He knows he doesn't have to and nothing will happen.  In fact he'll get ordered to pay less than the regular monthly payment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Yes I do. But he pays in, he never gets a refund.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Do you know his social security number? You could file to take his taxes (if he hasn't filed yet), as long as you know his social.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM

file through your state and he is looking at felony charges. Being more than 5k behind in  my state is a felony offense punishable up to 6 years in prison. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Smh. The courts make it so easy for them not to. I found this agency online. I don't know if its worth it though.

Quoting just_hc:

Holding my spot to review the replies.  Mine owes me $18,000+ and all they did was order him to pay me $1000 by May or go to jail.  $1,000 dollars...what a joke.  No wonder he doesn't pay.  He knows he doesn't have to and nothing will happen.  In fact he'll get ordered to pay less than the regular monthly payment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
The order is through the state.

Quoting Anonymous:

file through your state and he is looking at felony charges. Being more than 5k behind in  my state is a felony offense punishable up to 6 years in prison. 

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Is that how the whole court date thing works...Mine is 8700 behind....and the court date is 4/25..they actually have two scheduled, one for April and one for May.  So basically they are just gonna tell him he has to pay by May?? 

Quoting just_hc:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Basically.
If he doesn't pay by the due date, they'll usually take his license, issue a warrant, etc. Sometimes depending on how long ago his last payment was, they'll arrest him on the spot unless he comes up with a certain amount by close of business.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Is that how the whole court date thing works...Mine is 8700 behind....and the court date is 4/25..they actually have two scheduled, one for April and one for May.  So basically they are just gonna tell him he has to pay by May?? 

Quoting just_hc:

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Yeah...I have done all the other steps...license is suspended, there is a hold on both his state and federal taxes (which I doubt he will file), and  he hasn't made a payment in months......Well, I guess I can look forward to a little bit of child support....in two months! lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Basically.
If he doesn't pay by the due date, they'll usually take his license, issue a warrant, etc. Sometimes depending on how long ago his last payment was, they'll arrest him on the spot unless he comes up with a certain amount by close of business.

Quoting jenmomx3:

Quoting just_hc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN