Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I swear one morning Im going to wake up ....

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

I swaer one morning im going to wake up and  not be able to open my mouth.

The last 2 days Ive had mass problems with my jaw being swollen (in the muscle) and it hurting when I open it too much :O(

Ive always had clicking and poping and occasional pani but its been bad the last 2 days expecially to day and today I dont feel godd wahhh.

vent over.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-JC-
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

TMJ you think? 

or possibly an infection? 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Quoting -JC-:

TMJ you think? 

or possibly an infection? 

not quite sure, ive had problems off an on for years witht the clicking an poping and occasinal pain but its gotten bad the last 2 days, the muscle is swollen . I dnt know what I would have an infestion from though. My belly hurts from mcdonalds though lol. but I dont know my vision is screwy an my head hurts so I dont know the tylenol didnt do any thing for me though :O( bleh. I would rather have tmj then an infection because ill end up in a hospital if I do

lilfishbigocean
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Oddly enough, I'm going through the same thing right now.
I can't tell if it's my teeth, or my jaw. Either way, my jaw, ear and head are killing me! :(

Feel better soon!

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

Oddly enough, I'm going through the same thing right now.
I can't tell if it's my teeth, or my jaw. Either way, my jaw, ear and head are killing me! :(

Feel better soon!

its not my teeth lol so it hastobe   my jaw.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Try getting a cheap night guard and see how that helps. I use to wake up super tired with bad headaches and sometimes my jaw felt like it would fall off. It was from clenching and grinding my teeth at night.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

the clicking and popping is the muscle in your jaw... caused from too much tension. It's what my dentist told me.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I may have to but I barely sleep lol

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Try getting a cheap night guard and see how that helps. I use to wake up super tired with bad headaches and sometimes my jaw felt like it would fall off. It was from clenching and grinding my teeth at night.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I never clench my jaw or any thing, n fact my teeth dont even line up completly to shut it all the way with out trying lol (as wierd as it sounds I dnt look funny from it lol)

Quoting FoodIsLife:

the clicking and popping is the muscle in your jaw... caused from too much tension. It's what my dentist told me.

FoodIsLife
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I didn't think I was. I don't do it during the day. When I got my night gaurd my teeth actually shifted into a straighter alignment. :-) At least the next time you go to the doctor, ask them and they can take an extra look and see what they say

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I never clench my jaw or any thing, n fact my teeth dont even line up completly to shut it all the way with out trying lol (as wierd as it sounds I dnt look funny from it lol)

Quoting FoodIsLife:

MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM

lol yeah def. If this head ache doesnt go away then Im going to the hospital bleh its bad, my eyes a blurred lol.

Quoting FoodIsLife:

I didn't think I was. I don't do it during the day. When I got my night gaurd my teeth actually shifted into a straighter alignment. :-) At least the next time you go to the doctor, ask them and they can take an extra look and see what they say

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)