Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why the HE!! do I pay for insurance when I can't use it anyway!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

So DH had a dental emergency this morning. 1st I call our regular dentists only to find out our dentist is apparently doing so well financially that they are able to close their office for appointments for 4 weeks so the dentist can go on vacation. They have no advise for current patients with dental emergencies they simply expect you to wait for the Dr to return. In the mean time just deal with the pain!

That isn't happening so I find another dentist who gets him in this afternoon. Now they are telling me that DH needs a root-canal and after our insurance covers their portion it will be over $800 out of our pocket! WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pay a monthly premium plus a deductible and they want an additional $800 they tell me well without insurance it would be over $3000, like that is supposed to make $800 just magically appear in my account. For 1 "F"ing tooth. Dental insurance is a waste of money at this point unless your teeth are perfect it doesn't help much.

DH and I work a combined 90+ hours a week. Yet if we chose to sit on our A$$E$ and collect PA we would have all the medical and dental care we could ever need without having to come out of pocket for any of it. How is this right. Work for a living you get screwed, sit on your butt and collect PA and you'll never have a medical worry. I just don't get it. It should be the other way around.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Yep that's how much my DHs root canal is gonna cost. We are opting to have his tooth pulled for 35 dollars instead
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Medicaid doesn't always cover dental. So nice try. Insurance is being used. Ok so you gotta pay out of poclet.
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually in most states even on PA they will not cover any dental if you are over 21 and its not anyone's fault your dental insurance you pay a lot for sucks. My root canal was only $400 out of pocket with the post and porcelain tooth.and i only pay $14 a month for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

No Medicaid doesn't pay for root canals so you would still have to pay out of pocket 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

First most adults on medicaid can't get dental help,  second that is way over priced for a root canal,  find a different dentist!

Armadillo79
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Your regular dentist if he were in town, would have been just as expensive. And I am sure you dont pay THAT much for dental ins. Nothing compared to medical. Unfortunately dental ins. sucks for everyone.

mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Well, you are using the insurance.  If you didn't have it, it would cost you $3000. 

BluePandaDreams
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
You probably chose a dentist out of network and that is why you have additional costs. My dental covers root canels at full coverage. Or maybe you have crap insurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armadillo79
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Go to Mexico!

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Medicaid doesn't cover dental or vision in some places. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)