Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh, shut up already!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

OMG!

There is a lady at the gym who sells the Body by Vi stuff.

She doesn't shut the fuck up! I stopped going to the gym in the morning (early) just to avoid her.

Well, today her DH was off of work and she came in during the afternoon (1ish). FUCK MY LIFE!

I was working with my trainer and she works with him as well, not on a normal basis as I do. She would not shut up about it!!!!! That's all she talks about, I shit you not. She wants to repeatedly tell me and everyone around her success story, how it's the healthy way and she stuck with it...just basically promoting the product EVERY FUCKING MINUTE she's there. I'm like, how the hell do you have time to work out when you're running your mouth?

So, she saw me with the trainer and she came over to talk to him. I knew it was bad news because she got my trainer into that stuff so occasionally he'll try and talk me into it. They started talking and eventually she had drawn a small group. I'm like FUCKIN' AYE, I'm trying to workout!!!

I just walked off and did my own thing.

I had a pretty shitty workout today, needless to say.

I'm not into that stuff. I can make my own smoothies without putting some weird powder into it. Whatever. Do your thing, I'll do mine but when it's interfered with my workout MANY times and I'm really tired of seeing her 10 pounds of make-up face and grainy voice at the gym.

Sorry, I had to vent!

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

i fucking hate that! I've posted on FB about my weight loss progress, and gotten private messages about how they sell these products and I could feel even better and reach my goal even faster blah blah blah. Crap like that ruins friendships in my opinion. Can you call the Gym and talk to management about it? I hate feeling harassed about things like that.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, duh. Clearly running her mouth is how she burns all her calories ;-)

I tried one of their milk shakes. It was disgusting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol... I have a girl at my gym that sales those body wraps... I hide from her.
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM
That would piss me off. I probably would have told her to shut up.
VannaMae307
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I try to avoid anyone who sells anything. I am a military wife so everyone and the dog sells scentsy, passion party, the candle stuff, tupperware, whatever

StoneColdKiller
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this
You need to be blunt. "I'm happy it works for you but I don't want to try it please stop trying to get me into it"

Or you can have fun. Do some research and find the down side about it. Everything usually has a bad side and a good side and you could start pointing all the bad side everytime she talks about might shut her up around you lol
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Wtf?? The gym allows her to do that? I personally would complain. :\

angevil53
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Tell her you're allergic to it.
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so unprofessional of your trainer!!

Have you looked into Lifetime Fitness? 

They have never tried to sell me anything, aside from no pressure offers just to let me know its there. and the trainers are very professional and would NEVER let someone interupt a session like that! 

MissMia22
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I would definitely complain and probably either request a make up training session or a new trainer or both...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)