Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone give me advice please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My neighbor two houses down is insane and I can't take her NOISE anymore! Every single day she stands in her front yard and just SCREAMS for hours! She screams at people walking by, she screams obscenities, she screams the words to songs, sometimes she just screams like she's dying! Every. Single. Day. There are two houses in between us and she is so loud that she wakes my newborn up from sleeping even with the windows and doors closed.

Sometimes, someone will come over in a car and they will sit in the driveway and blast music for a couple of hours. Two days ago we watched her get in the car, drive IN REVERSE down our residential street going at least 50 mph for two blocks. IN REVERSE.

My problem is that most of this happens during the day (occasionally it goes on into the night but I imagine she gets tired from standing there screaming ALL DAY) so I don't think I can call the cops because the noise ordinance doesn't go into effect until 11pm.

What do I do? I'm thinking about finding out who her landlord is and making a call to them.

Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I would call the non emergency police line and explain the situation.

They may be able to offer advice
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
If she is driving her car at 50 in a residential neighborhood...backwards or forwards you can definitely call the cops.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Call the police.  Obviously she is insane.

nurse1997
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Call the police why havent you yet next time dont walk to the phone run good luck

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quoting edelweiss23:

I would call the non emergency police line and explain the situation.

They may be able to offer advice

This
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I would still call the police. If she is screaming obscenities that is illegal... As is the reckless driving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Quoting JamesMom714:

I would still call the police. If she is screaming obscenities that is illegal... As is the reckless driving.

Seriously, there are alot of little kids on this street too! Good to know that the obscenities are illegal, thank you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)