Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
My husband just called to tell me one of his coworkers committed suicide this morning :( he had a baby and a teenager :(. Hubs told his boss when the guys parents come from Ohio to pick up tools and such to call him since they kind of know hubs from when he and the guy went to Ohio for training and they all ate dinner together. I feel so bad for his wife, I'm guessing she found him. I don't know her and never met her but I feel like I should do something, any suggestions? Flowers? A card?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Maybe I will have hubs talk to the other guys at work and see if they all want to sign a card then send it with flowers.

Quoting misskriss10:

I think flowers and a card would be a great idea. I think it's sweet that you want to send something. I'm sure it will mean a lot. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmyof2armywife
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I would NOT send flowers. So many people are going to send flowers plus you never know if someone in the house has an allergy. 

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
It's just so sad! Hubs told me this morning that they got an email that he died and he was worried it was suicide because he had been depressed.

Quoting ruggy03:

Send her a little thinking of you note.because you dont know the whole story being overly in her face may be too much.remind her shes in your thoughts and if she needs to vent ur there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM
That's a great idea. I couldn't imagine going through that and hopefully this might make her smile a little.
Quoting LCWAmommy:

Maybe I will have hubs talk to the other guys at work and see if they all want to sign a card then send it with flowers.

Quoting misskriss10:

I think flowers and a card would be a great idea. I think it's sweet that you want to send something. I'm sure it will mean a lot. 

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Send some food when my mom died people sent over food it helped alot:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2891
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I would send flowers and a card letting her know y'all are thinking about her and if she needs anything to let you know. When my son died, that's what a lot of people did. Or fix a casserole to take to her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

does she even know you?

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Oh I don't want to go to her house and intrude but I just think I should send a card or flowers or something.

Quoting D.O.E.:

as much as you want to do something for her, i think if i was in her shoes i would just my mom and sisters and no one else

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:36 PM
See I don't know her I met we maybe once at a Christmas party I don't know if bringing food is something I should do.

Quoting momof2891:

I would send flowers and a card letting her know y'all are thinking about her and if she needs anything to let you know. When my son died, that's what a lot of people did. Or fix a casserole to take to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2891
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Then send flowers and a card. I think she would appreciate the thought.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

See I don't know her I met we maybe once at a Christmas party I don't know if bringing food is something I should do.

Quoting momof2891:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Oh no that is so sad. I would honestly send her a card with your number and tell her if she needs anything to call. If you know where they live maybe bring over a meal or two for the kids. The gods know she will not want to be cooking. Maybe offer to baby sit so she can have some time yto proccess things. IDK ...very awesome that you want to do something.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN