Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my kid steals

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

my dd, 7, is a very smart child. gets straight As. never in trouble at school except for listening and following directions. shes...........very high strung. very emotional. her moods change day to day/minute to minute. shes EXTREMELY inpulsive, gets angry easily, and is very hyper. but shes smart. and she knows better than to steal. last thursday she took a girls bracelet. the girl left it near a computer, my dd found it, and decided to keep it. they started looking for it, she got scared, she didnt tell anyone and passed it off on a little boy on her bus. the next morning, the kid gets questioned and he told she gave it to him. THEN, the day before yesterday, a little boy was putting his tray at lunch up. he left his pickle money on the table, she took it, bought a pickle, and get caught. she did half a day of ISS yesterday. i'm at a loss here. this reflects bad parenting on ME. she has everything she needs. she has her own money in her piggy bank. and she STEALS?? REALLY? help?

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:54 PM

BUMP!

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Has she seen a child psychologist for her emotional issues?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM

my 7 yr old son does similar things... I'm sorry i have no tips for you.... 

vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM

yes. shes currently unmedicated, because we thought she was doing good and didnt need them....

Quoting BEXi:

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I would take her to see someone on a routine basis, honestly. She reminds me a lot of myself as a young child. I am bipolar II amoungst other things.
:\

Quoting vindicated:

yes. shes currently unmedicated, because we thought she was doing good and didnt need them....

Quoting BEXi:

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I got a call from Kmart on Saturday - my daughter got caught by Loss Prevention stealing a $6 t-shirt! She rode their on a $300 longboard, w a $250 cell phone in her pocket. I was so embarrassed. She now has no longboard and no cell phone for 3 mos. She had to apologize and thank them for not calling the police. It's not like I can't afford a $6 t-shirt!! I'm the one who got the other stuff (the phone only cost $1.03 they had a promo going on, but still!)

I guess I should be glad she's not good at stealing and got caught.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

she was in weekly sessions, as well as at home family sessions. she couldnt care less and laughed it off.  she was doing good, we thought that there was nothing they could do that helped more than we did. so its really slowed down. she has " episodes" as we call them with her moods. and now stealing?

Quoting BEXi:

I would take her to see someone on a routine basis, honestly. She reminds me a lot of myself as a young child. I am bipolar II amoungst other things.
:\

Quoting vindicated:

Quoting BEXi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Stealing is impulsive behavior.

What was her punishment?

Quoting vindicated:

she was in weekly sessions, as well as at home family sessions. she couldnt care less and laughed it off.  she was doing good, we thought that there was nothing they could do that helped more than we did. so its really slowed down. she has " episodes" as we call them with her moods. and now stealing?

vindicated
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM

along with her ISS she got all her money in her piggy bank taken. she now has to start over WHEN she gets her bank back. she had to stay home with grandma on family fun night, and no tv for 2 weeks. as well as extra chores that need to be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stealing is impulsive behavior.

What was her punishment?

Quoting vindicated:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)