Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lying about school district

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
Our city has three elementary schools. One school is pretty bad; one is really good; and of course one is in between.

We are in the district for the in between school. My parents (who live within walking distance) are in the district for the "really good" school.

Naturally I want my DS to go to the best school so in contemplating using my parents address to register him for Pre K.

I know it is lying and wrong, but I have other reasons as well.

There is a good chance that we may be living there within the next year.

My parents have agreed that once my grandparents are unable to live alone, they will move down there to take care of my grandparents and their 13 year old daughter. (Yes my elderly grandparents are raising a 13 year old it is a long story).

Anyways DH and I will then move into my parents house and take over their house payment and eventually buy it. This would help both of us out. My parents owe more on their house than it is worth (like most people in America) and DH and I would have a bigger nicer house.

Well the thing is, my grandmother just got news that her cancer has taken a turn for the worse. She if fixing to start some pretty heavy chemo.

My mom already practically lives down there as it is. I think the only thing that has stopped them from moving down there thus far is my dads night job. However my dad is retiring from that job at the end of this month.

I honestly see my parents moving down there by the end of the summer.

Which puts us living at their house come school.

However Pre-K registration is now. I could sign him up for our school and then transfer, but there most likely won't be a spot open at the other school come fall.

So what should I do?

(Granted DH and I discussed it and we already know what we are going to do)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My SIL used her moms address so her son could go to a better school. The one where she lives is really bad. Someone ratted her out though and so now she said she has to pay money so her son can can to another school not in her district.

Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I don't see a problem with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I didn't read your other reasons. My advice is put your son first. Many will tell me I'm wrong, but its every man for themselves in the real world. You want your kid to have the best? You do what you have to do.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I'd be willing to bet that they would just let you register her at the school she will eventually be attending given the circumstances.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'm so glad that there is no concern about school zones where I live :)

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I'm doing that for my daughter for this upcoming school year. The school we are currently districted for is literally the worst one in our district.

robyann
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Yea I'd go ahead and register with your parent's address. Just tell them you already live there though, I know here if you don't live in the district they won't take you at all, they'd say when you do live in the district then you can register here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM
My kids go to a school not in our district. We also use my parents address because the school is better. I say do it.
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM
I say use your parents address.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I would use your parents address. I was lucky enough to  not have to resort to that in my old town. We lived in a HORRIBLE school district, but I got to place my dd elsewhere due to her disability.  Truthfully, if I were you, I would feel NO guilt in putting down your parent's address

GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured