Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

iv been keeping this in for a week now and its eating at me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

i got married this past weekend, mine and dh's parents think we should have waited 10 YEARS to get married.....and if we even brought it up they would get angry, no we dont live with our parents and no we're not in our teens. we are 20 and 21 been together 4 years and been friends even longer, we have a son together and they think thats why we "want" to get married....they know we were engaged before we had our son

so yeah thats my confession...i got married last weekend and i cant tell anyone because then we'd get a whole mess of crap thrown at us

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Well.... Congratulations!  :)

If you don't live with them and they don't pay any of your bills, just tell them.  It'll cause some drama, but they'll get over it.  You're an adult.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM
9 moms liked this
If youre old enough and mature enough to get married, you should be able to tell your parents regardless of their opinions...keeping it a secret just supports their opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jillbailey26:

Well.... Congratulations!  :)

If you don't live with them and they don't pay any of your bills, just tell them.  It'll cause some drama, but they'll get over it.  You're an adult.

my family wont get over it and wont talk to me ever again, dh's might but they werent even happy when i got pregnant so idk

but thank you, im really happy other then the family thing

Mom24munchkins
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Your family sounds stupid.

Congratulations!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Congratulations!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

If youre old enough and mature enough to get married, you should be able to tell your parents regardless of their opinions...keeping it a secret just supports their opinion.

well when your parents and entire family will "disown" you for doing something they dont like then you kinda dont want to tell them

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Congrats on the marriage! You have a child together so if you are both good parents you are going to be in each others lives forever anyway. Just remember to put your husband and child first and you guys will be fine. The others can have their opinion but don't let it effect you three. Good Luck!!!
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
You can't spend your life making other people happy. Congratulatons :-)
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM

aw congrats! Don't be ashamed or worried. You guys are grown, you're in love and you're married. You can't keep the secret forever.

Trisha234
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM
4 moms liked this
Just tell them. Or put a wedding announcement in the local paper! They all just have to deal with it and move on. You two are adults raising a child together. Marriage should be encouraged. Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN