Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SERIOUSLY?! Eating Placenta?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
2 moms liked this

It's good for you...mammals do this...it's natural...BLAH BLAH BLAH! Seriously?! GROSS!  Breastfeeding, continuing prenatal vitamins, getting rest and plenty of fluids sounds like a better way to feel great after giving birth to me! Sorry but if it came outta my vagina I'm not putting it in my mouth! Would you eat your menses too if you were told it had vitamins in it? How about dog Sh*t if that was "good for you"?! NO THANKS! I'd have to be on my death bed and it would be the ONLY way to save me. Why are people trying to come up with the craziest freaking things they can? Are there no normal moms left?!?!?!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

bump

Jaybabies10
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Placenta teddy bear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crashblossom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm going to make mine into pills. Nothing cray about that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this

when you deal with life crippling PPD before then you'd do anything to avoid that again. Psychosis induced PPD is the worst thing ever. I'l eat my placenta this time around in hopes and any hopes of warding that off.

Pregnancy Ticker

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
9 moms liked this

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this
You get it encapsulated, its not like you eat it with a knife and fork. It's a pill..
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I just burst out laughing omg

Quoting mich.el.le:

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Oh, really? I'm afraid of getting PPD which is why I don't want to get pregnant. I've dealt with depression and I'm terrified of dealing with it again.

Quoting ColieO:

Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)