Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SERIOUSLY?! Eating Placenta?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's good for you...mammals do this...it's natural...BLAH BLAH BLAH! Seriously?! GROSS!  Breastfeeding, continuing prenatal vitamins, getting rest and plenty of fluids sounds like a better way to feel great after giving birth to me! Sorry but if it came outta my vagina I'm not putting it in my mouth! Would you eat your menses too if you were told it had vitamins in it? How about dog Sh*t if that was "good for you"?! NO THANKS! I'd have to be on my death bed and it would be the ONLY way to save me. Why are people trying to come up with the craziest freaking things they can? Are there no normal moms left?!?!?!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Quoting mich.el.le:

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

That's totally different than eating the stuff that comes out of it! and no not really a huge fan! i prefer being able to kiss and see his face. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Oo you're already crazy, that explains the strange outburst.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

So you're willing to not be the best you can be because you don't want to ingest something ''gross''? Pfffttt..I'd eat it raw if it kept me from ppd and psychosis.

Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

im considering ecapsalization (pill form). or a smoothie... for my next pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Don't jump on the CRAZY bandwagon! If you breastfeed it helps with all this! and you will loose weight too. it helps create a bond with baby. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, really? I'm afraid of getting PPD which is why I don't want to get pregnant. I've dealt with depression and I'm terrified of dealing with it again.

Quoting ColieO:

Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

That's totally different than eating the stuff that comes out of it! and no not really a huge fan! i prefer being able to kiss and see his face. 

LOL! All those vaginal secretions come out while he's down there. TAsty!!! ;)

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't jump on the CRAZY bandwagon! If you breastfeed it helps with all this! and you will loose weight too. it helps create a bond with baby. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, really? I'm afraid of getting PPD which is why I don't want to get pregnant. I've dealt with depression and I'm terrified of dealing with it again.

Quoting ColieO:

Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.

*Lose. 

Yes, breastfeeding does HELP, but not like placenta pills would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

No i sought counseling to deal with it and got as many hugs and cuddles from my babies as I could. I had SO many friends and family members tell me how strong I was and how they thought I handled everything amazingly! I did it all without the consumption of my placenta. :)

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're willing to not be the best you can be because you don't want to ingest something ''gross''? Pfffttt..I'd eat it raw if it kept me from ppd and psychosis.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

My sister is a labor and delivery nurse. She said there is a midwife that brings a blender and makes her patients placenta smoothies after they deliver.

1stpreggers
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

agreed, that shit is gross!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)