Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SERIOUSLY?! Eating Placenta?!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's good for you...mammals do this...it's natural...BLAH BLAH BLAH! Seriously?! GROSS!  Breastfeeding, continuing prenatal vitamins, getting rest and plenty of fluids sounds like a better way to feel great after giving birth to me! Sorry but if it came outta my vagina I'm not putting it in my mouth! Would you eat your menses too if you were told it had vitamins in it? How about dog Sh*t if that was "good for you"?! NO THANKS! I'd have to be on my death bed and it would be the ONLY way to save me. Why are people trying to come up with the craziest freaking things they can? Are there no normal moms left?!?!?!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mommy2Phenley
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I encapsulated mine with DD2. It made a difference. I had a much better first few months than I did with DD1. I'd do it again. Don't knock it til you try it. It's really not that out there, do you have any idea what's in some of the food you eat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You can not be serious...............

Quoting Anonymous:

More natural than placenta! :)

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

YOu said vitimans. Yeah you think they are all natural...... REALLY?

Quoting Anonymous:

NO, I don't take ANY medications for my depression or my bi polar or for my ppd. I went "natural" and went to counseling. I did that BECAUSE I wanted to keep chemicals out of my body thank you very much. I just don't see the need to eat the placenta.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

YOu will take chemicals over something natural? Hmmmmm.... 

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No it's the entire thing. There's nothing "natural" about this! it's meant to be disposed of, no eaten. I mean if it bothers you to waste then use it to plant a placenta tree it that makes you feel better but not for dinner!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

right, but I'd never eat my kids. sorry. but if you had gallbladder surgery or your appendix removed would you eat that too?

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

No i sought counseling to deal with it and got as many hugs and cuddles from my babies as I could. I had SO many friends and family members tell me how strong I was and how they thought I handled everything amazingly! I did it all without the consumption of my placenta. :)

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

So you're willing to not be the best you can be because you don't want to ingest something ''gross''? Pfffttt..I'd eat it raw if it kept me from ppd and psychosis.

And to think, you could have just taken a pill and been done with it instead of going through a period of counseling to make yourself feel better. You kiss your kids, right? Ever eat their fingers and toes? They came out of your vagina. ;)

If it was GOOD FOR ME and would keep me from severe depression I'd seriously consider it. Let me get this straight..you would put your placenta in your mouth, it's the swallowing part that you wont do?

You said yourself that mammals do it and it's natural. lol It doesn't bother me to waste, unless I'm wasting something that could greatly improve my life and the lives of my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Animals eat it so other preditors don't smell it and come attack! If they just buried it animals could still smell it. That's it!

Quoting ColieO:

Um. Vitamins don't really cure anything. I tried. Didn't help. If it's not useful any longer, then why do so many animals eat it? They could just bury it. But they don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said, not talking about depression meds. talking about vitamins. also, there is a reason it slid out when I did. and that's because it was no longer useful!

Quoting ColieO:

Read the side effects for depression medication.

The only "side effect" of placenta is that you think it's gross.

Newsflash, it kept you alive for 9 months and then you slid through your mothers vagina.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

And I hope you don't eat things like eggs. YOu know where that comes out of right

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

kattu
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Awesome.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Then don't do it. But women who know the benefits of it shouldn't be downed for doing it. I'd rather take an all natural placenta capsule than some pill/vitamin formulated in a lab.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yes I am! I'm sorry. I can handle a lot. This just goes too far for me. And MY friends think I'm crazy for extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping, baby wearing and all the other "crazy" (according to them) things I do...but this goes too far for me!

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

NO, I don't take ANY medications for my depression or my bi polar or for my ppd. I went "natural" and went to counseling. I did that BECAUSE I wanted to keep chemicals out of my body thank you very much. I just don't see the need to eat the placenta.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

dedicatedrider
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Eeeeeeeeewwwww!!!!!

LOL! In all seriousness though, you can't even taste placenta in a smoothie. 3 times over breastfeeding and I never had less pp bleeding (under a week, more like, matter of days), more energy (I felt like wonder woman, lol), or a more stable mood as my first 3 months pp after my fourth birth which, just so happened, to be followed by a placenta smoothie. Too bad my crap *friend*/Doula didn't follow through with encapsulating and essentially stole my placenta, would have loved to have had my capsules. Definitely encapsulating this time around, making a tincture too, going to do it myself =)

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

So you eat eggs right? Hmm do you drink cows milk? Lets see what else oh yeah anything unorganic has poisons on it.... GMOs in so much. I would take placenta any day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I am! I'm sorry. I can handle a lot. This just goes too far for me. And MY friends think I'm crazy for extended breastfeeding and co-sleeping, baby wearing and all the other "crazy" (according to them) things I do...but this goes too far for me!

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)