Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Slim-Fast Diet

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

Has anyone ever tried it? Have you had results? I'm thinking about trying it.

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

didnt know their was an actual diet connected to it.  I generally get good results just going low carb.  I like the Atkins shakes, which are low carb and pretty tasty.  When I tatsed the Slim Fast shakes, they tasted oily to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
They make me hungrier than if I just don't eat at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I did it for a month. I lost weight, but I always always felt hungry. And the shakes are gross!!
krissy920
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM

I didnt mind the shakes and the snacks and i did lose weight when i did the diet. However  i found when i did weight watchers online i lost the most amount of weight .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM

I haven't tried it in 10 years, but I actually gained 2 lbs (not sure how!) when I went on it for a week. I remember lots of jello and shakes....there may have been one real meal per day? Like I said, they have probably changed it.

LiDoMama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
There is a lot of sugar in Slim Fast. I'd imagine the Atkins shakes would obviously have less. Really, making healthier choices and being more active is what really works. I know lots of people who've had success with Weight Watchers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamosalaplaya
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't even bother.

Those shakes and bars are disgusting.

Find something where you can eat real food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM

It just made me poop my brains out, and then when I ate real food I bloated up like a Macy's parade balloon.

candygirl831
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I only do the shakes but I would make a suggestion what I do is I buy the can of the powder mix: chocolate royal & skimmed milk & mix it myslf 'cause I think the cans are just NASTY! I also find if I have a Fiber One Bar & drink organinic Green tea I'm not hungry. GOOD-LUCK!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Yes, however you starve.  I found that adding a protein with the shake helps.  You also have to be careful once you stop the shakes; if you are not eating well you will put the weight right back on.  However I do better just counting carbs and eating what I want than I do on Slim Fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)