Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh ! So disgusted. ***EDIT TO CLARIFY ***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 100 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm not disgusted by the venting. I'm disgusted they are publicly making fun of their patients.

First let me say, I can't imagine how hard it is to be a nurse and I commend nurses. However, I just saw a Facebook page for Er nurses and it made me never want to trust a nurse again. Most of them were bashing and saying horrible things about patients they have seen. I realize people go to the er for things that are stupid all the time. But still the comments I read just rub me the wrong way.

One post was making fun of a new mother who brought in her 2 week old in at 3 am for 104 fever. Almost every comment said " ugh she didnt know to just give tylenol? " Its very discouraging to relize many nurses feel this way.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM

=(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I cannot comment or I'll incriminate myself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to Earth, where all people suck. even ones with nice sounding occupations and years of education.
CV3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah I was just as surprised and upset when I found out about that and I am a nurse. When I started working, I realized nurses (especially ER nurses and L&D nurses for some reason) are the most foul-mouthed mean hearted b*tches out there.

DieselsMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM

they were venting, I would be also if I had to deal with people over reacting about a fever, or something silly like "my kid has green snot, he needs to be seen NOW" it has to be frustrating for them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Unprofessional to say the least -  talking about job gripes with co-workers is one thing - if it's in private.  But on FaceBook?  Really?  They better hope their employers don't catch wind of it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Don't get me wrong. I have been blessed with encountering lovely nurses but now I'm wondering what they said behind my back. But I also don't go to the er unless its an er kind of situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

well there a lot of stupid people in the er. i have a friend who told me she took her breastfed baby to the er because he hadn't pooped in 3 days!

mcclainprincess
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM
4 moms liked this
Eh. Everyone had to bitch about someone.. I've taken my child to the er because he wouldn't stop crying. Bitches kept looking at me like i was stupid till they realized he had double ear infection... I took him another time for a very high fever that i couldn't control.. Again, Bitches looked at me like i was crazy.. He really had rsv and pneumonia..

Let them run their mouth. A mother knows when something is wrong with her child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Honestly, they don't talk shit about everyone; just the stereotypical type of patients that they get tired of seeing. Again, I'm not going to name what I do and what we joke about but I'll give you a hint: dead babies.....

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't get me wrong. I have been blessed with encountering lovely nurses but now I'm wondering what they said behind my back. But I also don't go to the er unless its an er kind of situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)