Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

60 year old woman bullying my 9 year old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My 9 year old is being bullied by a 60 year old woman. She lives a couple houses down and next door to his best friend. She is telling her grandkids that they can not play with my son and all the other kids on the street that my son is a bad influence. She told my sons best friend that he can come in and play but my son cant because my son is the child of the devil. She has accused my son of doing things that he has not done. The time frames dont match or other adults have told her he did not do that they say her grandson doing it. If she sees my son outside playing she will try to get the kids to come in her house and play with her grandkids and leave my son out. Now there are three families who my son plays with their kids often and have for several years they all tell me how well mannered my son is and that he is always well behaved. They call and ask for him to come down and play or go places with them. He never gets in trouble at school. So how can he be so bad? Im sick of her saying and doing these things. At first I told my son to just smile and go his own way and not listen to her but Im going to have to put a stop to it because its getting worse.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Have you talk talked to her and asked her why she is saying these things about your son???

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

You might need to get more involved, and if its really bad like she is coming out and really just out right harrasing him. Then get the police involved, I know it might be over kill but might scare her enough to just back off.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Go down and try to make amends with her, even if he did nothing wrong. Sometimes, the best way to make things easier on everyone is to try to smooth it over, even when you did nothing wrong. If that doesn't work, I'd tell the crotchety old hag to shut her trap about my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Not yet. I thought she had quit but its recently started back up. My son just told me last night and then his friend was telling me this afternoon when they were down here playing. Im going to go talk to her but she is crazy. Her neighbors even said she was crazy and told her she was wrong about my son and she argued with them.

Quoting Sassy762:

Have you talk talked to her and asked her why she is saying these things about your son???

BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Go see what her problem is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I would say have your son play at your house and in your back yard, and have him invite his friends to your home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Yea Im going to go and talk to her. I just found out last night and wanted to hear what my sons friend said. I dont know why she is targeting my son. He is not a bad kid or trouble maker.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Go down and try to make amends with her, even if he did nothing wrong. Sometimes, the best way to make things easier on everyone is to try to smooth it over, even when you did nothing wrong. If that doesn't work, I'd tell the crotchety old hag to shut her trap about my kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM

be the fun house.

have the snacks and drinks and invest in toys/ games so that your house is more fun than the old bat's.

also talk to the PD about slander charges. you can mail her your municipalities laws and threaten lawsuit if she keeps her shit up. just make sure your kid isnt guilty of ANYTHING...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM

They play here and at two other houses on the street. Each house has different things so they like to rotate plus it gives every one of us a little break. And thats a good idea if she keeps it up after I try to talk to her. I will take someone with me as a wittness when I go talk to her becuase she is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

be the fun house.

have the snacks and drinks and invest in toys/ games so that your house is more fun than the old bat's.

also talk to the PD about slander charges. you can mail her your municipalities laws and threaten lawsuit if she keeps her shit up. just make sure your kid isnt guilty of ANYTHING...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

They play here and at two other houses on the street. Each house has different things so they like to rotate plus it gives every one of us a little break. And thats a good idea if she keeps it up after I try to talk to her. I will take someone with me as a wittness when I go talk to her becuase she is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

be the fun house.

then explain to the other families she is singling out your kid. there is no reason why you cant all make a pact protecting your kid from her insanity while treating her g-kid with nothing but love and kindness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)