• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Skinny Bishes: Does it matter what time of day I workout?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I've heard that it's best to workout first thing in the morning before you eat breakfast for maximum results.  Is this true?  I'm asking because it would be mega-inconvenient to my schedule, but I will do it if it's worth it.  I'm about 80lbs over-weight.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I'd work out morning and afternoon if you can.  It is more inconvenient being 80 lbs overweight. Trust me. If you feel it is worth it and you really want it you will do it. If not, that's okay, too. Just be real with yourself. Good luck.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
marihla
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I workout after I put the kids to bed. People say you shouldn't workout before bed but I don't let that be an excuse for me. That's the time of day that works best for me. No pressure to crunch it out in X amount of time. So sometimes I can spend over an hour doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I do it before breakfast just because that's before my kids wake up. I usually get up, take my slim-quick, put on my workout attire, and then do my workout for about a half an hour before my kids wake up. I rarely go to the gym. I do hip-hop dance in my living room. If ever a person wanted to find out if they're in shape or not, my suggestion would be to do Hip-Hop. I'm a skinny bitch and I didn't think I was out of shape. Boy was I wrong.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 AM

if i work out before i eat, i feel like i'm going to pass out. 

also, i'm not a skinny bitch, but i answered anyway :)

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Early in the morning - yes.  It ups your metabolism for the day

But doing it without eating breakfast can backfire, since you won't have enough energy.  Best choice is a small glass of juice, and a small amount of protein (meat, cheese, fish).  No carbs (you won't burn fat if you're eating carbs first).

Hi_Rae
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Ive always worked out in the evening and have gotten my desired results, but Im naturally thin so idk if that makes any difference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:19 AM
In the morning. Eat something with protein before you workout. You'll feel so much more energized for the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I like your title, lol.

I honestly don't know, I've always went with whenever you CAN work out is a good time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)